Water Ingress With A Difference!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Cinderz, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Cinderz

Cinderz Funster

Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove a water stain from BeNY's seat in U shaped lounge.
    The high winds the other night opened our large rooflight :cry: (I presume it wasn't securely fastened - sigh) Then it rained, it may have been opened for many hours. Now got the puddles mopped up from the floor, carpet dried out and clean, just laundered bedding which was on the single beds ready for next trip all dried out BUT there is now a water stain on one of the seats. Any suggestions on what to try or what not to use on it.

2. Allan & Loren

Allan & Loren Funster

Are they fabric seats or leather?

3. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member

4. Cinderz

Cinderz Funster

Allan & Loren - they are fabric seats. Thanks Robert Clark - I didn't think of that, when I did a search it was bleachy type suggestions I found and didn't want to risk that. I'll get some dry foam and try that, I thought I might have avoided stains by getting a towel on and blotting up the worst of the water but didn't work. Thanks will let you know how it does.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Allan & Loren

Allan & Loren Funster

The best way to remove water stains is to re wet them. Not too much, just with a damp cloth and go a little wider than the stain. Then blot dry as much as possible. Then use a hairdryer to dry off. It's when the water is left that it leaves the water mark.

If this doesn't work, then I'd try an upholstery shampoo but make sure you do a sample test so it doesn't bleach them.