Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 Years
Anybody else had problems with water entering the cupboards through the alloy pole on a rotating extending type TV aerial ? Luckily most of it went into the cups. It was raining Very hard on A1 around wetherby

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
No, but the we don't have one of those.:D

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Happened on our old motorhome was due to the aerial facing the wrong way while travelling in the rain once turned around no more leaks!!! also if still leaks worth checking rubber seal around the pole just above the roof.

David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I fitted a Status through the roof aerial and if it is put together correctly it should NOT leak at all due to the seals - did this happen whilst you were travelling or static and watching TV? If the former, it could possibly be as has been suggested especially if the aerial wasn't in it's down position or badly aligned for travel, if the latter then if it was also very windy it could cause movement sufficient for the water to get in, but again none of this should a happen if the seals are working as they should to keep the water out.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
We had trouble with a leaking Status 530 on our 2012 conqueror caravan. I assumed it was the seals, bought & fitted them only to find water still leaking into the van but it turned out to be a faulty aerial head. My caravan dealership informed me that this was becoming a common problem & that the years "warranty" had ran out. Shortly after this the tv signal failed so not a good experience. So our Campervan does not sport a Status aerial.

Robert.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back