water heter? (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I seem to have a problem with the water heater in the van it don’t work it a Truman hater it is under the driver’s seat maybe I am doing something wrong?

[FONT=&quot]Apart Frome could showers every day I am sure someone will have a comment on that[/FONT] :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I seem to have a problem with the water heater in the van it don’t work it a Truman hater it is under the driver’s seat maybe I am doing something wrong?

[FONT=&quot]Apart Frome could showers every day I am sure someone will have a comment on that[/FONT] :ROFLMAO:
any one got instructions for one of thes things

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
fuse ?? is it full of water ?? is the gas turned on ?? is the isolation valve turned on ??

Last edited:

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
water heter

Hi, If you go on line to truma heater problems you will find lots of help,also you could print off the instuctions,you might find it helpfull to get the model number from the heater,as they are all different,have you got the settings correct have you any hot water at all,or none,hope this helps regards H::bigsmile:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
give us a bit more detail

maybe a photo, or carefully write down what it says on the sticker on the heater

is it just electric? if so is the van plugged into a power socket?
have you checked the trips on the distribution board?
does the neon light on the switch come on?
depending on model have you set the temperature?

just too many possibilities to be precise without further info

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's

maybe a photo, or carefully write down what it says on the sticker on the heater

ok will look today if not when i get back frome the rig i will try agane :thumb:
1 ther is a gas isolation valve it is EHU and gas
2 full of water
3 i distribution bord only one i can see in on dashbord
will thy to post sum picks

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's

Think the board has gone power in to it but nothing coming out fuse is ok not blown but nothing coming from the board wonder where I will get one of them

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the electric water heater is exactly the same principle as an immersion heater in the house. turn mains on and switch it on. if it doesnt heat up, could be thermostat or element. no electronics involved. check on the side of heater near where mains cable goes in for a red button. this pops out if you try heating without water in the boiler

gas opperation relies on 12v feed and gas, all controlled by a circuit board. any one could stop it working. go through each point and make sure youre getting gas through and that 12v is supplied when you turn the dial on the thermostat

these things often tend to be down to something simple, so rule out the obvious first before trying to track down possibly obsolete parts, which are expensive if you can find them even

worst case scenario, i would say buy a second hand water heater from a modern caravan breakers and fit that instead. at least parts are more available than the old ones

Aug 5, 2012
Southampton
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1981 on and off
I had a problem with my one, traced it to the cable to the thermostat which had come off the pcb. Plugged it back in and it works fine now. Without working on gas it still worked on electricity, so if it does not work at all you have 2 faults ???

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
the electric water heater is exactly the same principle as an immersion heater in the house. turn mains on and switch it on. if it doesnt heat up, could be thermostat or element. no electronics involved. check on the side of heater near where mains cable goes in for a red button. this pops out if you try heating without water in the boiler

gas opperation relies on 12v feed and gas, all controlled by a circuit board. any one could stop it working. go through each point and make sure youre getting gas through and that 12v is supplied when you turn the dial on the thermostat

these things often tend to be down to something simple, so rule out the obvious first before trying to track down possibly obsolete parts, which are expensive if you can find them even

worst case scenario, i would say buy a second hand water heater from a modern caravan breakers and fit that instead. at least parts are more available than the old ones
Thanks big one going to look at it tomorrow fuse is ok manes cabal ok red button can’t find one:Eeek: but will look tomorrow you have been a great help thanks:thumb: I do have power going in but nothing coming out of board but it doesn’t look like anything burned out if worst come to worst will get another one when I get back Frome Mexico cheers bill
:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back