Water Heater (1 Viewer)

nokaii

Free Member
Oct 19, 2010
Nr Manchester
Funster No
Exp
Hi All,

Might seem a daft question but is the carver water heater in our van thermostatically controlled or do we have make sure we turn it off after say an hour or if the water is low in the tank?

Thanks

Karen

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi there... could you give a few more details about the heater or the van it is in?

Carver were taken over by Truma some time ago so I suspect it might be quite old but never the less I cannot imagine there is a water heater without a thermostat...

JJ

Upvote 0
OP
OP
nokaii

nokaii

Free Member
Oct 19, 2010
Nr Manchester
Funster No
Exp
Its in our Talbot Compass Drifter 1993 & all I know is it says Carver on it - Sorry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
I know we have a Yank one but....

On the last (first) RV it was an older heater that seemed to have about 10 degrees from hot and burner off to cooling down and burner back on again so we just lit it and let it get on with it, it would self ignite to get the temp back up every couple of hours or so.

New one :Doh: it's obsesed, if we leave it once hot it's on and off like a mad 'un so once we have a tank full I switch off unless shower required.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It has a thermostat so no need to turn it off,

also,if you run out of cold there is no danger of draining it as the hot comes out of the top of the tank, The only way to drain is to remove the drain plug

Upvote 0

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am pretty certain that you will be able to leave on as long as you want Karen. I take it you have no temperature selection control?

Others will, no doubt, know more.

JJ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi as already said you can leave it on :thumb:In this weather you may want to drain it :thumb: this is done by removing the drain plug on the out side just under the vent - big flat screwdriver or 2p piece - keep it safe as they charge about 10 quid for a new one :ROFLMAO:
terry

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Hi as already said you can leave it on :thumb:In this weather you may want to drain it :thumb: this is done by removing the drain plug on the out side just under the vent - big flat screwdriver or 2p piece - keep it safe as they charge about 10 quid for a new one :ROFLMAO:
terry

Ten quid for a 2p piece :Eeek: Is that the exchange rate ?? :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back