Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
:(
Well the Truma stopped working a while ago. Eventually had a look at the pcb & found something that had obviously been badly soldered from the outset & had damaged the board so linked out with a small wire. replaced turned on S/valve clunks piezo goes ,then nothing . Doesn't light ?
Fiddled for a while & as occasionally there was a damp patch I stripped the lot out. Found burner blocked solid with dust/earth ? If I didn't have a witness, my nephew, I would seriously believe that it hadn't worked before & I was dreaming it. :LOL:
Anyway silver soldered inlet & outlet pipes. cleaned burner , assembled on its own & connected to temp. gas supply , turned on switch & volia , perfect .
If I tried it once ,I tried it dozens of times. Then reassembled it all & refitted all to van. Left Water fill up & gas bottle until today . Done that this a.m. & turned on & ..........nothing . Tried everything & this is exactly what it did the first time & never worked for weeks & then suddenly would open S/valve & attempt to light . Anyone any ideas ? I¡ve trawled the internet but cannot find anything relating to mine as it is a BO 10litre . B103 , gas only model & is obviously a very early model.

snoopey2

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Dorset
Funster No
MH
LDV minibus conversion
Exp
Since 1971
Hi,
Surely it can only be something in the van power supply side, corroded fuse carrier maybe, if it ran ok on the bench.

David

OP
OP
gus-lopez
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
I cannot find anything. When you actually operate the on/off switch there is power returned to the pcb & down to the S/v & back. Problem is the s/v is not opening & if it doesn't open then the rest of the operation doesn't happen. :( I'm sure it is something simple but can't find it .:LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Did you hear or feel the solenoid click in ? If you're sure the power is getting there, it can only be the solenoid sticking or blocked up ?
We had a problem with an old gas only basic boiler in my brother's van, the alloy bodied solenoid had corroded inside (white crud) it was a sealed unit, but we prised it apart, cleaned it and recrimped it shut.

OP
OP
gus-lopez
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
When the solenoid operates you can both hear & feel it'clunk'. Which it isn't doing at the moment.
Yes the power on switching on goes to the S/v.
Looks like it's all going to have to come out again !:LOL:

OP
OP
gus-lopez
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
Well having done a few costings , decided that at 25+ years old it should be retired gracefully . Also I tracked a new one down for 377€ less 3% :) so went down that route. Additionally I now have ,a water drain down point, an over pressure/ temp vent on the hot outlet & hot water !(y) Lovely

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back