water gauge fault

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by oozzie, Mar 2, 2015.

1. oozzie

oozzie Funster

Hi, having problems with the water level gauge on the 2004 hymer. The flashing warning signal is on regardless of how much water is in the fresh tank. I have tried giving the probes in the tank a clean but no change.

Now the strange bit. When first shown how to drain down the system, i was told to disconnect the pump to stop it running and i think it stopped the flashing. I have now disconnected the pump and the connector from the probe/sensor on the fresh tank and it is still flashing.
    Can anyone help, its got me confused.

Thanks. oozzie

2. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

I have no idea on the technical fault, but would expect the gauge to indicate low if the probe is disconnected

we have a Hymer as well and the gauge is not a lot of use really, rarely ever shows 100% even when spilling out of filler, then seems to sit at 75 or 50% until flashing 'nearly empty'

when you find out how to disconnect let me know I will do the same to mine :D

3. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

None of these gauges is particularly accurate, but yours sounds as if the sensor is disconnected, even before you disconnected it. Perhaps a loose connection somewhere, hopefully not the dreaded wiring eating mice.