Free Member
Apr 17, 2014
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rimor trimarans sound
Exp
Hi all

I've recently bought my first camper, a 2012 rimor trimarano sound. We're hopefully going away in it for the first time this weekend but I can't open the water filler cap. It doesn't seam to have a normal key lock. It has a little yellow bung which you remove to reveal a cylindrical hole about 4 or 5cm deep and at the bottom seams to be a squarish hole that needs what looks like a peg or similar (almost like a male radiator/gas type key) put into it to turn and unlock it.

I bought it from a dealer so can't ring up at this time of night so I was hoping someone on here could shed light on whether I'm just doing something wrong or if I've got a key missing or if there's something missing from my filler cap.

Thanks in advance

Stuart

OP
OP
S

stuartt5

Free Member
Apr 17, 2014
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rimor trimarans sound
Exp
Thanks for the replies. It could be broken by the sounds of it seeing as no one recognises it (although it looks fine)? I've tried a screw driver in it and it just turns. It's got 2 small slots running down either side of the hole so it's as though something locates in those and then turns the squarish hole in the bottom possibly?

It's an ex hire motorhome from just go so I'll try them in the morning and hopefully they'll be open.

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Thanks for the replies. It could be broken by the sounds of it seeing as no one recognises it (although it looks fine)? I've tried a screw driver in it and it just turns. It's got 2 small slots running down either side of the hole so it's as though something locates in those and then turns the squarish hole in the bottom possibly?

It's an ex hire motorhome from just go so I'll try them in the morning and hopefully they'll be open.

They should have explained everything to you on handover and supplied the key

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
It could be the remnants of a broken fill, anyhow, it may be a good idea to contact your dealer and get a new filler cap fitted with a lock matching your Habitation lock. This they should be able to do for you.

Alan

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

stuartt5

Free Member
Apr 17, 2014
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rimor trimarans sound
Exp
I had to send someone to collect it for me as I was busy so I never did the handover. Probably a mistake in hindsight!

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
from the description. its a standard cap, but the whole lock is missing. this is what engages with the plastic hole at the bottom, and then the key goes into that. half a turn with a big screwdriver and it will unlock. then push in the cap and turn to remove

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
it is still pos that you could have missed it there is a lot to take in.even the people that have been m/homers for years.can miss something.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::Eeek:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back