Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Harlow
Funster No
MH
Elddis 175 Prestige
Exp
since 2012
unfortunately although the door and water filler cap are the same make, Zadi, on my elddis they are both different. The 2 options are get matching locks for both or just one for the water filler, if I can get the matching number. My problem is how do you change the lock barrel on either of both. Any ideas, pictures or video's of how to would be much appreciated.

I will be at the Lincoln motorhome show, in the motorhome fun area, if somebody who knows is going and fancies a nice cold beer whilst holding a screwdriver:)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
To change the barrel you apparently need to hire a special tool. See Barrel Removal on this page. Given the small difference in price, it might be easier to see if you could obtain a water cap with the same lock number as your door.

Personally I wouldn't bother.
Some time after we bought our Burstner the water filler cap started playing up. I tried the usual trick of soaking it in hot water but it didn't want to play so bought another complete with 2 keys. OK, I have an extra key on the ring for one out of four locks but I don't find it a problem.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the "special tool" is a key cut specifically for the job. in the unlocked position put the removal key in turn slightly and pull the whole lock out

removal keys available about £8 on ebay

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: GJH
OP
OP
Cliffy38

Cliffy38

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Harlow
Funster No
MH
Elddis 175 Prestige
Exp
since 2012
I was thinking of buying 4 locks with identical numbers to ensure that if I leave the water cap somewhere or lock goes faulty I will always have a spare

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Cliffy38

Cliffy38

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Harlow
Funster No
MH
Elddis 175 Prestige
Exp
since 2012
So bit the bullet and purchased 4 locks with 2 keys and the special red key to get the lock out. They turned up and were identical to the one already on the water cap so now have 3 spares. Would like to say how easy it is to get the door lock out, but I would be lying, had to take the whole handle assembly apart. Still worth it in the end to just have a single key.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back