Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Mud Island, nr Mudchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
long (with Brian) short (alone) medium (with Andy)
I went to fill up CB water tank and can not get the water filler cap off no mater how hard l push and turn it just twists on itself. I have tried with key in and out l have yanked with pliers but nada. It is definatly not locked if l lock it then it is solid and wont move..very weird
Anyone able to give some ideas please.

When l last filled him l had this then the cap came out and l thought it was just me but seems it was a warning l missed :crying1:

If it helps he is an Autotrail 07 Cheyenne 696g.

Many thanks Caro

OP
OP
Bulawayo Lass

Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Mud Island, nr Mudchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
long (with Brian) short (alone) medium (with Andy)
No need Yorick thank goodness... our builder came round and l helped unload the bloacks he managed to undo the filler cap.. not sure how popped off. at least l have been able to fill it :happy:

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
It is definatly not locked if l lock it then it is solid and wont move
Hi. If it's like my water Fill cap then when it's locked you can turn it...It just rotates about the fill pipe....when you unlock it becomes fixed and the whole cap unscrews off the pipe....mine can take quite a bit of force to get it moving....
Hope you understand what I'm trying to say...
Ta andy

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
@Bulawayo Lass,

When the cap is locked, it spins effortlessly. When the cap is unlocked, it becomes solid. You then need to push it in so as to compress the internal spring, and then turn to the left, whilst maintaining that pressure. It should come off. When replacing the cap, apply the same pressure when turning it right. Once on correctly, and locked, it will spin effortlessly again. (y)

Edit.........Andy and I were obviously posting the same advice, at the same time. ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I seem to remember reading some years ago that if a cap is starting to misbehave then soaking it in hot water for a few minutes can help. Having said that, we had no problems with the cap on our first van but had to replace the one on the current van. They aren't all that dear if you have to replace it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back