Water draining out when pump is on (1 Viewer)

Elliot steel

Free Member
Apr 15, 2017
Fleet
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix
Exp
I'm new
hello, we just became Motorhome owners yesterday so know very little about how our adria matrix works. We have filled it up with water for the first time and turned off the drain valves for the fresh water and waste water tanks. However when we turn the pump on there is water coming out from a hose under the middle of the van. I think the van was drained and winterised before we bought it so I am wondering if there is another valve somewhere that is open that needs closing?

We were hoping to use it next week and unfortunately the lady who owned it has gone away on holiday.

Does anyone know what we are doing wrong?

On a separate note we cannot get the gas working despite turning all the valves on and resetting them with the green button. They are lpg. I am nit sure if they have anything in them. Do I just go to an lpg filling station and connect it to see?

Thanks in advance for any words of advice

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
By the side of boiler there is also a drain tap that may need to be closed also.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Without knowing the particular van in question this is a bit of a guess,,
I suspect the boiler drain down is open.
It is often a yellow lever somewhere but on later vans could be a semi automatic thing

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Oops ! I just got beaten to the punch again ! LOL !! :)

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Also with the gas on the regulator there is also a button that needs to be pressed in.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Hi what make of van and how old? Sounds like boiler drain, but there are two or three types

OP
OP
E

Elliot steel

Free Member
Apr 15, 2017
Fleet
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix
Exp
I'm new
Thanks for the replies, it is the adria matrix axes m670sl 2016. We haven't come across the boiler yet but i am sure it's in there somewhere!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Near the boiler there will be a black dump valve with a blue knob on the top and a small blue button at the bottom, it dumps the water in the hot water boiler when the temperature drops below 3 deg. Push the button in & turn the knob on top the button should latch in.

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Same thing happened to ours when we got home. The dealer showed us how it atomatically empties the boiler if the temperature drops. He forgot to
Push the depressed button back into its normal position. We have a Chausson on a Fiat Ducato base and the automatic dump is located in the garage.
Hope this helps

OP
OP
E

Elliot steel

Free Member
Apr 15, 2017
Fleet
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix
Exp
I'm new
Thanks everyone, it's working The water started coming out of another outlet pipe once I pushed the button in but then I lifted a lever on the water pump and that seemed to stop all the leaks. I am guessing I did the right thing there? On the gas issue we still cannot get anything to work. I have opened the valves on top of the bottles and depressed a small green button. Also turned all the individual valves to the various appliances to open but still no gas. Any ideas or could it just be that the tanks are empty? I have attached a photo or two of the gas bottles. Thanks again for all the help, really appreciate it

Attachments

• IMG_0240.JPG
    IMG_0240.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0241.JPG
    IMG_0241.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0242.JPG
    IMG_0242.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 57

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Sounds like the bottles are empty, they should have filled them to check for leaks.
Have your bottle got built in ant-rupure valves as I notice you don't have the anti-rupture hoses.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Gas - my first guess would be the bottles are empty; go try to get them refilled. You might have to do the reset thing again once you've refilled.

Did it all work when you bought the van?

Notice from the pictures that you've got rubber hoses. Check the dates on them; if they've "expired" there might be a problem with internal deterioration and the regulator becoming blocked - that's a new regulator needed (not a big or expensive job). If this is the case it might be worth changing to stainless hoses.

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
Disconnect a bottle remove it and give it a shake the gas is liquid and you can feel it slosh about

OP
OP
E

Elliot steel

Free Member
Apr 15, 2017
Fleet
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix
Exp
I'm new
Thanks, it hasn't worked since we bought it. How do I go about refilling them? Do I just do it at a garage with an lpg pump, plug it in and fill it up? I take it the pumps cut out when the bottles are full?

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

.... I notice you have used four of your free posts on here. To get the most from the forum you will need to subscribe. It's well worth £15 and will allow you to continue posting beyond your initial five free posts as well as letting you into areas that non members can't access.

Broken Link Removed

Wyn

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks everyone, it's working The water started coming out of another outlet pipe once I pushed the button in but then I lifted a lever on the water pump and that seemed to stop all the leaks. I am guessing I did the right thing there? On the gas issue we still cannot get anything to work. I have opened the valves on top of the bottles and depressed a small green button. Also turned all the individual valves to the various appliances to open but still no gas. Any ideas or could it just be that the tanks are empty? I have attached a photo or two of the gas bottles. Thanks again for all the help, really appreciate it

It is lovely when someone comes back and thanks those that have tried to help. All too often they just disappear.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thanks, it hasn't worked since we bought it. How do I go about refilling them? Do I just do it at a garage with an lpg pump, plug it in and fill it up? I take it the pumps cut out when the bottles are full?

Yep, on both counts. If you haven't done it before, as I guess, you might want to ask the attendant to help. Think I've seen a guide on how to do it on here somewhere but can't find it, someone will point it out I'm sure. Just a point, wear some industrial gloves; when disconnecting the gas is liable to "spurt" - perfectly normal but it is dangerously cold. You get the hang of it pretty quickly though.

Would reiterate WynandJean's post, get yourselves signed up - best £15 you'll ever spend on your motorhoming!

OP
OP
E

Elliot steel

Free Member
Apr 15, 2017
Fleet
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix
Exp
I'm new
Thanks for the help, I filled it up today. The attendant came out as he said the pumps are quite often temperamental, he just kept hammering the green start button until it worked. It was a bit of a spurter as you suggested! The fridge doesn't seem too keen on cooling (although the freezer is working brilliantly) I have heard this is common with dometic fridges though so will give it the benefit of a bit of time to cool down. We now have a fully working bus and really looking forward to our first trip

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Great to see you've got it all working and thanks for reporting back (surprising how many don't!). See, it was easy wasn't it?

Motorhome fridges are never going to be as efficient as home based ones, although ours has been known to freeze things when I've set it wrong! Make sure the door seal is okay and DON'T keep opening it to check how it's doing :coolest:. Make sure the outside vents are clear and if the outside temp gets below about 8 deg fit proper vent covers - I know that sounds illogical but it's the way the fridge works. Lastly don't set the controls too high, experiment with different ambient temperatures, you'll soon get to know which is best.

Good luck and we all hope you get as much enjoyment out of your acquisition as we all do.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back