water drain reminder

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by bernardfeay, Dec 14, 2014.

1. bernardfeay

bernardfeay Read Only Funster

I'm off to the van storage this afternoon. Now that freezing weather is coming closer it is time to drain out all the water and leave the taps open with the power off.

2. mjltigger

mjltigger Funster

I've been pooing myself for a week.. finally got it done yesterday afternoon by reported temps yesterday am were -2 so I hope I was in time..

3. laurieash

laurieash Funster

Done mine but nearly forgot to drain hot water tank and run pump

4. davidbaldam

davidbaldam Funster

Always do mine when I think it might have had its last outing of the year and if it's not then it doesn't take to long to refill the tank and flush out the pipes and taps etc. That way if we suddenly get a cold spell I don't get caught out, hopefully. :xThumb:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

The Miller had an auto dump valve for the boiler.. I reet pain in the nethers it was too!

Fine if you are parking the van up over winter, but the only way to keep it emptying the system when travelling around mid winter was to cable tie it closed any way !

The Autotrail has got a manual valve, BUT it also has thermostatically controlled taps on both the shower and the external shower
    When we bought it we found that the previous owner had not done a proper drain down and it had ruined the internals of both
    Managed to get a replacement shower mixer unit ( £84 retail !!! ,,,, Not that I pad quite that much ) but have yet to source a unit for the outside shower.. No biggy as I will only ever use it for cold water delivery nyway