water coming from pipe under my van help please (1 Viewer)

georgie boy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2010
liverpool
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Exp
Hi All
Just seeing if anyone can help me. got water coming out of a grey pipe under my van ???
Got up this morning and put the water pump on to get a shower. When I was outside of the van I noticed water dripping under the van. so when I looked under the van there is 2 pipes directly underneath the trauma heating one is blue and the other is clear plastic water is coming out of the clear plastic pipe. when I have the water pump on it comes out as cold water. but when I turn on the water heater on it comes out warm. its losing quite a bit of water.any body got any idea what the problem maybe ? the motorhome is a 2007 autotrail Cheyenne if that is any help.
Regards George

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Sounds like the pipe has come adrift somewhere. You'll need to find out where the pipe was originally attached and put it back on, I'm guessing there will be a water manifold distribution thingy somewhere. I'm afraid you will need to get under the van and see if you can spot where the pipe should go........ at least you will be able to eliminate anything beyond the reach of the pipe!

We had a similar problem with a grey water pipe which had come adrift from the shower waste to the grey tank. Luckily it was spotted and easily re-attached.

You may need a new jubilee clip as the one that was there has probably managed to lose itself. These pipes that are pushed on and then held by a clip do work loose after a while - not only from the road vibration but also with thermal expanding and contracting.

OP
OP
georgie boy

georgie boy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2010
liverpool
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Exp
a.JPG

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
georgie boy

georgie boy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2010
liverpool
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Exp
just traced the pipe back to the trauma unit in my wardrobe, it fits on to the red waterpipe as in the photo anyone got any ideas what it might be.
Regards George

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Just looked at my van. The red pipe (hot water out from boiler) and clear pipe (vent) are connected to a valve which is only supposed to vent air when filling.
The valve needs replacing but you could clip the vent pipe as a temporary measure.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
That's a great picture of that cable George, well in focus :xwink:

As above, check out that thread. I think they capped it off till repairs/replace end valve could be sourced. :xThumb:

OP
OP
georgie boy

georgie boy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2010
liverpool
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Exp
Hi all and thanks for all your help took the valve of and found a small piece floating around inside it took it apart and cleaned it then put it back on working perfect no leak.
thanks for all your help have a great new year.
Regards George

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back