Water buildup on ci low profile roof

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by yokeljohn, Mar 12, 2013.

1. yokeljohn

yokeljohn Read Only Funster

When ever it rains there is a large build up static water on our ci low profile mh. this is caused by a void above the cab where the habitat roof joins the fibre glass cab roof ,when i pull away the water cascades down the s ide of the cab roof, if you forget to have the cab window shut you and the inside of the van get a good soaking. I am thinking a fiamma drip strip over each door.Has anyone had the same problem, ? do you think the drip strip will take the water? also has motorhomers stopped the water from building up? many thanks a wet yokeljohn.

2. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

I would suggest some wind deflectors instead, not sure what base vehicle you have but I assume it is a Fiat, example of what I'm talking about below (ignore the picture of the car!):

Wind deflectors 1

Wind deflectors 2

3. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Easy way is to park it one sided on some Fiamma wheel levellers so the water run off all the time. Or a couple of bricks and a short plank.

Peter

4. yokeljohn

yokeljohn Read Only Funster

Tjhanks Minx and pete, i will definetly look at the deflector option, i already tilt the van on the drive, the problem is when i am drivig slowlly in the rain,and we had a lot of it last year, or when we have been shopping , or a short stop, the roof any motorhome has a large water catchment area, because of the roof edge moulding it either goes back or down over the front , as it does with my problem yokeljohn.