Water buildup on ci low profile roof (1 Viewer)

yokeljohn

Free Member
Jan 30, 2013
weston super mare.
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1985
When ever it rains there is a large build up static water on our ci low profile mh. this is caused by a void above the cab where the habitat roof joins the fibre glass cab roof ,when i pull away the water cascades down the s ide of the cab roof, if you forget to have the cab window shut you and the inside of the van get a good soaking. I am thinking a fiamma drip strip over each door.Has anyone had the same problem, ? do you think the drip strip will take the water? also has motorhomers stopped the water from building up? many thanks a wet yokeljohn.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I would suggest some wind deflectors instead, not sure what base vehicle you have but I assume it is a Fiat, example of what I'm talking about below (ignore the picture of the car!):

Link Removed

Link Removed

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Easy way is to park it one sided on some Fiamma wheel levellers so the water run off all the time. Or a couple of bricks and a short plank.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Y

yokeljohn

Free Member
Jan 30, 2013
weston super mare.
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1985
When ever it rains there is a large build up static water on our ci low profile mh. this is caused by a void above the cab where the habitat roof joins the fibre glass cab roof ,when i pull away the water cascades down the s ide of the cab roof, if you forget to have the cab window shut you and the inside of the van get a good soaking. I am thinking a fiamma drip strip over each door.Has anyone had the same problem, ? do you think the drip strip will take the water? also has motorhomers stopped the water from building up? many thanks a wet yokeljohn.

Tjhanks Minx and pete, i will definetly look at the deflector option, i already tilt the van on the drive, the problem is when i am drivig slowlly in the rain,and we had a lot of it last year, or when we have been shopping , or a short stop, the roof any motorhome has a large water catchment area, because of the roof edge moulding it either goes back or down over the front , as it does with my problem yokeljohn.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back