Watch Out! Cloned Advert For Motorhome (1 Viewer)

funman

Free Member
Aug 6, 2010
Somerset
Funster No
MH
la Strada Hi Top
Exp
Since 1972
I recently advertised my Hymer B584 on ebay and on Motorhome Fun too. Then I found that someone had stolen my advert including photos and were trying to sell it at a much lower price, pretending to be the owner. I've had it removed from caravansforsale.co.uk, Newsnow, and the Caravan Club. If anyone out there finds it elsewhere, I'd be grateful if you let me know. The real advert is at

Broken Link Removed

Thanks

Deleted User
I had a quick look on the CC classifieds, which is now essentially caravansforsale.co.uk, last week and only got through the first few! Can't remember the exact details but one was a 2005 model supposedly with 11,000 odd miles for £4500!!.

Just checked again now and no obvious scams so maybe they do check sometimes.

OP
OP
funman

funman

Free Member
Aug 6, 2010
Somerset
Funster No
MH
la Strada Hi Top
Exp
Since 1972
Thanks Matamoros

They must have a lot of scams as there's a special button on the website to report them on!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
When I was looking for a Buccaneer Caravel saw one advertised on Ebay.Contacted seller who claimed that he had bought the vehicle new in the Uk but was now back in Paris and wanted to sell it.When I said I would fly over and have a look at it the next day he claimed that it was with the shippers ready to be sent to England but if I paid a deposit of £2000 and was unhappy with my purchase he would give me a refund!!He had copied the pics and details from one for sale at a dealers in the Uk.I rung them up and whilst on the phone they got the advert up on ebay.they had sold it but it was still there having aPDI. Scam with a capital S !!!

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
I reported a scam advert to the CFSale site because it was priced ridiculously low, like a lot of them they are all scams.
It gets my goat that all these criminals can deceive anyone using any means they can, and when if ever they get caught the courts seem lenient, whereas probably most of us would deter them by giving an appropriate response.
Maybe you don't agree so sorry for the outburst.
Etap

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I've noticed on a few 'Items for sale' that the seller has the ability to edit the photo in some way to identify their ownership of the product. "Think Motorhome Depot"
Wouldn't it be a good idea if everybody had the ability to do this and be able to say, put the price of the article right across the photo or pehaps a location.
After all, most of these shysters reduce the price of the genuine article in order to make it seem a bargain. Very rare do they live anywhere near the real thing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back