waste water pipe

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by gwilliam, Jun 28, 2010.

1. gwilliam

gwilliam Read Only Funster

My CI has a waste water outlet buried deep beneath the van, it is 60mm in diameter and protrudes a mere 25mm. Emptying it accurately into a drain is an art form, one I have not yet perfected. I would like to fix some sort of flexi-hose to it (have bought the jubilee clip in anticipation) but cannot find a supplier who stocks the necessary piping. Has anyone solved this and is willing to pass on their wisdom?

2. Gonewiththewind

Gonewiththewind Read Only Funster

I found what I wanted at a Garden Centre, The pond section, pipe from a pump. Sold by the yrd.

Don

3. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

On a site recently I noticed there were a selection of houshold plumbing fittings/pipe in different configurations for this very purpose, would that work, ie work out what you need and make up and carry with you?

I do often look at European vans and ponder this as few of the sites we've been to seem properly practical for grey emptying?

4. Pablo

Pablo Read Only Funster

5. john+julie

john+julie Read Only Funster

fixed this 1 easily, 500 mil water bottle cut off bottom this fit over outlet. drill hole in centre of cap about 1 inch in diameter normal caravan waste pipe fits exactly over this , just drill a coule of small holes in side of bottle to put string through this then ties on to stop bottle falling off , if you need a picture ask

6. Frankie

Frankie Funster

Hi, had the same problem. I struggled to find a flexible hose to fit the outlet.I eventualy found a hose on e.bay.This was a 65mm internal dia,cold air feed induction silicon pipe.fitted with jubilee clip and 3 cable ties to hold on lever rod,left about 18" too long that tucks up behind skirt untill required.
    Seller was Advanced fluid solutions ltd,Chelmsford,1 paid £24.19 for a 1metre length inc postage.Hope this helps.:thumb:

7. gwilliam

gwilliam Read Only Funster

Thank you all, your accumulated advice has solved my problem, a cut off 500ml coke bottle, a 60/70mm jubilee clip to hold it on, 1m of pond pipe from the garden centre for £3.45 and a 30mm jubilee clip, and some string. Sorted.
    Thanks again.

8. johnp10

johnp10 Funster

It's nice to know that in this age of technology things can still be fixed with an old pop bottle, a jubilee clip, a bit of pipe and some string.
    Pure magic.
    John.