LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Just driven "Horace" for his MOT and there is a funny smell, the Thetford is empty, I was wondering if it was the 'grey water".
Any suggestions as to what to use to flush it out.
Is it worth flushing out the fresh water tank?

Your advice would be appreciated.

ShiftZZ

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've used Buster Kitchen Sink Fresh for a couple of years since seeing a review in a magazine. Each time we come back from a trip I treat the three plug holes (sink, shower & wasbasin) then empty the grey tank. Seems to do the trick.

I suppose I could save money by using one of the generic "oxy" type products but the Buster stuff has a pleasant smell and it doesn't cost all that much.

Graham

Edit. I think the last advert I saw for the stuff it had a different name - but it's the one in the green bottle

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi I have heard diluting orange juice takes away the smell never tried it my self but few people have mentioned it.

Gerry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i poured around 1/2 a liter of toilet blue chemical in the grey tank and some water.

figured if it desolves sh*t and paper in the cassete then it will desolve the gunk thats causing the smell in the grey tank.

worked a treat.

we ALWAYS empty the tank on leaving site, if it means a layby drain then so be it.:Blush:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Just driven "Horace" for his MOT and there is a funny smell, the Thetford is empty, I was wondering if it was the 'grey water".
Any suggestions as to what to use to flush it out.
Is it worth flushing out the fresh water tank?

Your advice would be appreciated.

ShiftZZ

thetfords do a grey water tank cleaner,

Link Removed

this is also good at cleaning grey water tanks and can be used for other jobs :winky:

ps. your not supposed to use bleach as it can damage plastics

Last edited:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, If I ever have the problem i put a few gallons of warm water with some bio washing powered/liquid into the waste tank with the drain shut and drive around for a few miles perhaps to the next campsite etc and then empty it, should make it smell like fresh washing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back