waste tank

Discussion in 'Hymer' started by con-tiki, Nov 19, 2011.

1. con-tiki

con-tiki Funster

I have recently purchased a 2000 B564 right hand drive motorhome and can;t find how to drain the waste water.

Shirl

2. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

On a tag axle "Hobby" we had some years ago there was a little hole by the habitation step just inside, and there was a tap within this hole..

Not the same MH, but you must have a tap secreted some where...

Just a matter of looking and see if you can see a pipe coming from the bottom of the waste tank and following it..

Not much help but good luck in your search.. :thumb:

3. philk

philk

Hi Con-tiki, if it has a garage or rear corner bed, open the garage door and look for a handle that turns, it will have two pipes next to it, one with a red and one with a blue plastic cap, these are additional hot and cold water release systems.

Philk

4. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi Shirl
    On my last and present MH's there is a threaded cap under the tank, dont know on your MH but it seems the place to look, if it is there get ready to duck has the waste comes out :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:. Pete :thumb:

5. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi Shirl
    On my last and present MH's there is a threaded cap under the tank, dont know on your MH but it seems the place to look, if it is there get ready to duck has the waste comes out :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:. Pete :thumb:

Ps a bottle of coke down the plug holes from time to time helps keep it clean.

6. aba

aba

just looked at a couple on the www and there seems to be a drain tap of some sort just behind the drivers side rear wheel this may be the fresh tank drain but its somewhere to start.
    it may have got knocked off as this sometimes happens

7. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

I would say to drain the fresh water tank you put your hand inside the tank and pull the plug out. That's normally the case, :Smile: on Hymers I have seen, our van the waste drain tap is in a locker and just the pipe is outside, but most Hymers I'v seen the waste tap is behind the rear wheels but it could be either side.:Laughing: If you cant find it contact Peter Hambilton at Hambilton Engineering Ltd.

Here:http://www.friendlyhippo.co.uk/hymerdirect/
    :thumb: Bob

8. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

Hi Shirl,

On a Hymer of that age, the fresh water drain, will be as Bob/Jane mentioned, ie, a plug and chain within the tank itself, (for winterisation).

The waste water drain pipe is grey, and along with the valve lever, is located behind the rear N/S wheel. The lever is horizontal for open, and vertical for closed. AUS or AUF. You may also find a long grey corrugated hose somewhere in your external lockers. This extends the grey water outlet away from the MH. Your waste tank ball valve is fully insulated and encased, (again, for winterisation).

HTH,

Jock.

9. con-tiki

con-tiki Funster

Thanks everyone for your help. I found the lever which is in front of the rear drivers side wheel , didn't help that i had put on the motorhome cover before I emptied the water system. The fresh water tank was easy to empty (under the dining seat).

Shirl