Washing M/H Roof (1 Viewer)

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Corky,

I wash the roof of my E795 every couple of months. I believe in the manual it says do not stand on any part of the roof except the areas where they have roughened foot points near the rear. I only stand on the nearside but go forward adjacent to where the roof bar mountings are, and also where I know Wardrobe walls and cupboards are mounted. I would not consider going close to the front roof above the cab bed.
One little point is I always make certain someone is in the vicinity while I am on the roof, as should the hose or something similar slide off the roof, I will not try reaching over to fish it back and then have an accident. Where you to do this job on a Commercial premises no doubt Health & Safety would make you wear a safety harness :Sad:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Our Adria's roof is going through several changes of green shades :cry::cry: at present - the idea of battling my way up there is not appealing in the slightest......none of the ladders I have actually enable me to reach the roof with any degree of safety and stability either, and the hedge cutting platform things advertised are crazy money.:Doh:
A roof-washing rally would be the best bet, I think........:ROFLMAO:

Laurie

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
From what Iv'e seen nobody has suggested going up through the roof vent ( not for RV owners) My old Bessacar was strong enough to walk on the roof & I try to clean the roof on a regular basis as the black streaks down the side are coming from the dirty roof.
Stardrops is my chosen cleaner, great value from most super markets and can be used straight from the bottle for realy stubborn marks.
A telescopic soft brush is a must & can be bought from most motor & caravan acc. shops.
Some good tips on safety in previous posts so be careful out there ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Corky 8

Corky 8

Free Member
Oct 28, 2007
South West Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
off and on since the 70 s
Thank s, to Kands, Fordson,Comconder, and Keith, ..... There are strips of non slip (says who) material on the roof at the rear where the ladder meets the roof, It should be safe enought for her to walk on, and if she:whatthe: keeps to the areas near where the wardrobes and cupbords are she should be Fine, Margaret (wife )did actually get head and shoulders out of the Heki roof light, but no amount of prompting would make her go further:Angry:, On the subject of black marks on one of the other forums I saw mentioned> Lidl,s bathroom/toilet Mousse for removing those black marks plus it was said it was good as an all over cleaner,I bought some but will proceed with caution doing a test area first, Keith Good Luck with your house sale, its a nice Area where it is, We nearly bought in Hightae ,but ended up in Newton Stewart, Thanks All, Regards Corky :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back