Free Member
Sep 21, 2007
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
Since 2004
Can anyone help with information on washer dryers.

We currently have a slimline washing machine in the RV (already fitted when we brought the RV) and want to upgrade it to a washer dryer. We have found a cold fill, condensing washer dryer but cant seem to find much info about the wattage of the heating element for the tumble cycle (everything is listed in kw per hour). Want to swap to a washer/dryer as dont want wet washing hanging around the van (even with a dehumidifier running).

Any info greatfully received.

Jane

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
hi Jane all standard domestic W/D are fitted with a 13amp plug which restricts the maximum wattage to about 3KW. But in practice I doubt many are much over 2KW

From what others have said, the biggest problem is the water they use not the power.

We are still looking for a small W/D, I have found a small W/M made by Zanussi but not a W/D. :Sad:

Olley

Last edited:
OP
OP
mandjhumph

mandjhumph

Free Member
Sep 21, 2007
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Olley

We have used the washer a few times and water doesn't seem to be much of problem (I just checked the levels before I started the machine) its the drying that is the problem as I dont want to fill the van with wet washing and cause condensation. We do have a dehumidifer but this only seems to work when the blinds/curtains are all open, as soon as we shut them to go to bed the windows mist.

The slimline machine that is fitted at the moment is a Bosch and the people that installed it altered the dressing table (flap thing) area to be higher and it looks ok. By taking the doors of the front we can take a washer dryer thats 580 deep which gives us quite a bit of choice. So if you reckon the power shouldn't be a problem we can order one. ::bigsmile:

Thanks Jane

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Jane running it from the genny will be no problem, ours is 5.5KW and most seem about the same or bigger, but a low amperage EH would be.

We don't really have the room for a full sized one, one of the compromises you have to accept with a smaller RV. :Smile:

Olley

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Washer/dryers sold here for class A motorhomes and trailers come in two varieties; Vented and non-vented. The difference is in the amount of water used in the dry cycle. Vented works just like a tumble dryer, but the non-vented uses a large amount of water in that cycle.

I've been away from the UK a long time, so I'm not familiar with W/Ds available over there today. The ones we have in our coach and our boat are both made by Splendide, an Italian company. They remind me a lot of the Indesit (also Italian) W/D we had when we lived in the UK in the 70's. I'm not convinced they aren't the same company.

The Splendide machines I see sold over here come in two sizes and each is available as vented or non-vented.

As Olley correctly said, they should run fine on a generator, including the smaller 3KW ones I've seen in smaller &/or petrol coaches.

Last edited by a moderator:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back