Was it a good buy

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by Wobby, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Wobby

Wobby Read Only Funster

Mate of mine rang this morning to say he had bought a Geogie Boy Cruisemaster 2905. Its 3 years old has done just 7k perfect nick has solar panel, on board generator and sat nav. He paid a dealer 45k for it the dealer sold it on behalf of a lady whose husband has had a stroke.
    Wobby.

2. johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite Read Only Funster

:Cool: Hi Wobby. That's about the price of a Brand new one in the USA. So for a dealer in the UK? I suppose it is quite good. :RollEyes:

3. Wobby

Wobby Read Only Funster

The dealer admited that his mark up was 5k not bad for just handling the sale Wobby

4. johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite Read Only Funster

:Laughing: A friend on Camping 'Almafra' imported an RV from the RV. He didn't know at the time how to go about registering it. So he asked a well know US dealer how much he would charge to register it for him. the dealers said I will get back to you in a couple of days. He did. He said it would cost.............................

£35,000. :Rofl2:

He registered it himself for £50 plus Road Tax.

5. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Sounds like a good buy to me too but need to know more about the model to give a precise answer, Cruisemaster can be puller or pusher with either petrol or diesel engines.. and come with different makes of chassis..

Jim

Last edited: Sep 8, 2007
  6. Wobby

Wobby Read Only Funster

Its a diesel that much I know, will be chatting to him tomorrow so will come back with more info.
    His wife is very excited so off out this evening to celebrate their purchase.
    Thanks Wobby:thumb:

7. Wobby

Wobby Read Only Funster

Hi
    I checked out with my friend and he's bought a Diesel puller on a work horse chassis, hope that make sence. Comes with a whole pile of accessories includeing an emassorator ( think I spelt that wrong:Blush:) and all the bits and bobs for camping.
    Wobby