Was I "Done" By A Fellow Funster? (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
After a considerable length of time and thought, I decided to buy a fully functioning, Claude Butler, light weight framed, 21 geared, fully functional bike with a brand new, (professionally fitted) rear tube and tyre from Funster Sheriff.

He accepted my old bike in part exchange (he agreed to dispose of it for me) and charged me two jars of Marmite (thanks, Norman and Sue).

Two days later, I found out that, prior to the sale, he had transferred the super comfortable, padded saddle cover to his new bike, leaving the really hard saddle on mine.

What are my rights under that new sales law?

JJ :xcool:

Last edited:
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Perhaps he removed the padded saddle cover for hygiene reasons?

images

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983

I would never argue with a Sheriff especially that beggar, he has the right to take the law into his own hands.

Be careful JJ, be very careful.

Anyway you are the proud owner of more personal padding than Sheriff Big John, so just park yer Arris and stop moaning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Gaffer tape a suitably trimmed piece of old towel to the saddle....do you have any lying around ???:xwink:

Reactions: JJ

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Love it or hate it.......................

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ripped off mate..

Not all is lost though..
Cover the saddle with a nice bit of fur caught locally.. Catch about 10 of 'em skin 'em ( cook up the meat so no waste ), tan the skins and sew them together for a SUPER comfy seat cover

Oh.. forgot ..

Here is a picture of the animals I am talking about..

800px-Water.vole.arp.jpg

Now then everyone.. say AHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
After a considerable length of time and thought, I decided to buy a fully functioning, Claude Butler, light weight framed, 21 geared, fully functional bike with a brand new, (professionally fitted) rear tube and tyre from Funster Sheriff.

He accepted my old bike in part exchange (he agreed to dispose of it for me) and charged me two jars of Marmite (thanks, Norman and Sue).

Two days later, I found out that, prior to the sale, he had transferred the super comfortable, padded saddle cover to his new bike, leaving the really hard saddle on mine.

AS I SEE IT: Probably none: He changed the saddle on advice from others that you wouldn't need it:
Basically as you are a Tight Ar$e anyway :xrofl:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I would work on the principle he assumed you wouldn't need the padded saddle as you already had sufficient built in!:whistle:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Watch You don't get it nicked, a bit more desirable than your old bike! !!
There are some dodgy people in the continent supermarket in silves.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
It was probably a girlie saddle with the shape to comfort them. A Claude Butler Must have a hard saddle, It massages the piles back into place, especially on Belgian Pave.

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
It was probably a girlie saddle with the shape to comfort them. A Claude Butler Must have a hard saddle, It massages the piles back into place, especially on Belgian Pave.

Ohh pleeeeese!!!!!! T M I !!!!:xsurprised::xsurprised:

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
Well this thread about Claude Butler takes me back 49yrs ago when bought Track Iron?:whistle:

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
Now for the serious post! As a cyclist who has riden all over UK and Europe I can confirm that you are actually better off with a hard saddle than a soft comfy one.

The reason is your weight pushes your sit bones, other assorted undercarriage items, down through the soft padding onto the hard saddle. So after time the padding does not work.

You are better just getting used to the hard saddle. Wear some Lycra shorts with a proper chamois/modern fabric chamois liner which will reduce the friction between your tender bits and the saddle.
If Lycra is not your fashion thing, then a pair of mountain bike shorts with a removable chamois insert can be almost as effective.

So please do not look at it as if you are missing something, the Sherrif has actually done you a favour!

Enjoy your Claude Butler ! My first bike - I used to own a steel one!

Sorry for the post -I must get out more

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
You are better just getting used to the hard saddle. Wear some Lycra shorts with a proper chamois/modern fabric chamois liner which will reduce the friction between your tender bits and the saddle.
If Lycra is not your fashion thing, then a pair of mountain bike shorts with a removable chamois insert can be almost as effective.

So please do not look at it as if you are missing something, the Sherrif has actually done you a favour!

Oh dear I just imagined JJ in Lycra (n). Fair put me off my meal it has.

Jun 17, 2015
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
July 2015 plus 20 years of camping
Lycra bib shorts and a Brooks leather saddle. Its what all the long distance cyclist use.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
[QUOTE="K9Brian, post:
Oh dear I just imagined JJ in Lycra (n). Fair put me off my meal it has./Quote)

:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

bicycle-smiley-face.gif

John n Kath

Nov 13, 2013
cornwall
Funster No
MH
autocruise
Exp
3 years and not long enough
Is this new Rufty Tufty machine in Man City blue:cool: or bog standard red ?:xThumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Now for the serious post! As a cyclist who has riden all over UK and Europe I can confirm that you are actually better off with a hard saddle than a soft comfy one.

The reason is your weight pushes your sit bones, other assorted undercarriage items, down through the soft padding onto the hard saddle. So after time the padding does not work.

Now I really am trying to imagine JJ in Lycra, even imaging him getting into Lycra :xeek:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Thanks for your serious input Mr Cyclewalkbob...

I am sure your advice is sound but I don't think I use my bike the same way you use yours!

I would rather nail my "thingy" to a piece of 4x4 wood with a blunt, rusty nail and then walk around in a Man U*d shirt than be seen in a pair of Lycra cycling shorts (or any other type of shorts for that matter)!

My bicycle is used as a device to get from A to B (where A is less than 1 km from B) in slightly less time than it would take me to walk it...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back