Warranty

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by motorhomewave, Aug 18, 2016.

1. motorhomewave

motorhomewave Funster

Has anyone had an Autogas refillable system fitted to their new motorhome, I'm just slightly concerned fitting the filler to the side might infringe on the water ingress warranty.

2. icantremember

icantremember Funster

Yes we had underslung tank on our previous m/h ... can't see how warranty would be affected. The filler should be fitted in the cill where it can't cause damp ingress.

3. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

As Above the filler can and should be fitted to a single skin part of the Vans Skirt so that the back of the filler is still outside the van, with the flexible pipe coming in and up through the gas locker sides, back, or floor to the cylinders. unless underslung tanks are fitted of course (if skirt is flimsy add support to stiffen)
    The only exception to this is if fitted in the double skin and insulated gas locker door itself, the filler would then still vent outside via the gas locker itself(not best practice) and only the door its self could be effected by damp
    at no time should the filler rear parts be fitted so as to be inside any part of the living area or an un-vented locker

4. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

We have just had ours fitted in the side giving direct access to gas locker.
    I can understand your concern, however, it would only be a problem if you had issues at the filling point.

A claim on your van could hardly fail (and I'm not wishing it on you) if the ingress was elsewhere, and, if it was at the filling point you could have a go at the Company fitting the gas.

5. motorhomewave

motorhomewave Funster

Thanks all for setting my mind at rest, just had a twitchy moment !

• Like Like x 1