Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
Does anybody have a view on this?

If I import a new Ducato-based X290, and change the speedo card (having bought it from Lockwood International, as seems common), will breaking the seals in doing so invalidate the Warranty? On the whole Vehicle? Or just the speedo head?

With the new card at about £50, and a new speedo at around £1000, it is a £950 gamble!!!

Regards to all

Peter

OP
OP
Chuns
Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
Probably best to ask Fiat directly
Yes, good point, but so far I've not been impressed with what my local dealer knows, or more accurately, doesn't know. I was asking about changing headlights over, and they said they hadn't even seen a new X290, and won't until the first turn up for service. Said beam deflectors were fine. The Sales Department were without any form of knowledge at all.

So I thought I'd like to try to get a few views before I returned there.

P

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Get a sat nav or road angel with a decent size MPH display and leave the dash in kilometers

OP
OP
Chuns
Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
Get a sat nav or road angel with a decent size MPH display and leave the dash in kilometers
Unfortunately I have to go through these hoops to register the vehicle in the UK. Headlamps, foglights, speedo all have to be changed to get the appropriate ticks in the right boxes. Thanks for the thought, though.

P

markov

Free Member
May 31, 2014
Leics, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Peter,

Sounds like I'm in the same position as you, but a little further through the process, as my 'van is currently now in the UK being prep'd for VCA prior to DVLA paperwork. It came from Germany on red temp plates.

You are correct in that beam deflectors may well allow it to pass an MOT, but you need RHD Headlights to get the VCA.

My 'van is being imported by Nick Legg at Bundesvan, who's doing a great job for us. As far as I know, it's a very simple job to replace the Speedo Fascia and will not invalidate the Warrenty.

Fiat dealers don't know much at all about the X290 face lifted model! A lot of them can't provide the headlights...

The only thing holding up my VCA currently is my lack of insurance at this stage , but that'll be easily rectified!

Good luck with your plans,

Kind regards,

Mark

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back