beltsandbraces

Free Member
Feb 14, 2017
worthing
Funster No
MH
lunar 780
Exp
well after arriving at the storage yard only to find i have a puncture!! fortunately there is a spare, that sorted i head down to the dealer and arrive with no other issues. Start chatting to the guy about the shower tray issue to be told it wont be an invisible repair. i advised about the use of speedcoat to be told that he had never heard of such a repair. I told him that a bodge up job is not an option, to then be told that its an old van and although we paid over £30k they did not like the idea of paying a third party around £700 to fix it (funny i thought he had never heard of speedcoat) which i believe is around that cost. Heckles up a bit now i told him i could of bought the same van for a lot less and if i had found the same problem i would of happily paid that sort of money for a permanent fix!!! On leaving i advised we would need the van in 2 weeks to be told " they will see how it goes" !!! Not impressed by the after sales so far.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
You are right not to accept would accept a 'bodge' job. It has to look like it did before the repair.
I appreciate that Speedcoat would result in an 'As New' finish, but that's hardly your fault.

That's the price (literally) you pay FOR when you buy a 'van from a dealer who gives warranties. They win some, they lose some, but very rarely does the loss equate to their winnings in the long run.
Stick by your guns.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
beltsandbraces

beltsandbraces

Free Member
Feb 14, 2017
worthing
Funster No
MH
lunar 780
Exp
well that was a better conversation they have just called to advise that they are having a shower tray specially made by a third party out of fibreglass which should be stronger than the original plastic one. Fingers crossed all will be good and the wife will be able to enjoy a shower without watering the grass!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back