Warranty/Insurance & chipping/replating (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Lots of posts lately regarding remapping and replating Navara's, has anybody investigated the warranty and insurance implications of these actions.Both would seem to place greater stress on other parts of vehicle and insurance would definitely need to be informed but does this result in increased premiums?

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

We had a Van Akken smart box fitted which is similar to remapping and our insurance company made a note of it but we didn't have to pay any extra.

As for warranty I would think that they wouldn't be to happy, but to be perfectly sure I would suggest you contact the warranty supplier as they are the only ones at the end of the day that can answer your question correctly

Re-plating again as above contact both the insurance and warranty companies also I think you need to contact the DVLA

Hope that helps

Lots of posts lately regarding remapping and replating Navara's, has anybody investigated the warranty and insurance implications of these actions.Both would seem to place greater stress on other parts of vehicle and insurance would definitely need to be informed but does this result in increased premiums?

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Thats a good shout ....with me its blind ignorance and of couse no insurance co. would accept that . Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
anything you do that enhances the vehicle is supposed to be reported to the insurance be it a towbar or chip and they decide wether to increase the premium or not depending on what you have done, with regard to a chip i would wait till after the warrenty unless it was supplied and fitted by the dealer. Dealers will use any excuse to get out of replacing expensive faulty parts when under warrenty.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back