Warning

Discussion in 'Computers' started by peter marshall, Dec 17, 2011.

1. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi All

My son has an ebay/paypal account, which he uses on his laptop and i -phone, this morning he recieved a phone call reportedly from paypal, he gave the woman on the phone NO details other than to confirm she was speaking to him re his account, after she had gone he checked the paypal to see what she was on about only to find it had been emptied of over £500.00, he has reported this and traced the call back to America lets hope he gets it back, It could only have been them hacking into is i- phone, so be aware this can be done. Pete :Angry::Angry:

• Like Like x 4
  2. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi All
    Just to let you know he has had an e.mail from paypal to say he will have a full refund in about 5 days, thats a relief (we gave him the 517.00) to keep him going so that's good we will get it back lol. Pete :thumb::thumb::thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  3. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

I would not keep any more than £50 in a paypal account an amount of £500 would be in my main bank account as it is by far safer
    (better still under the mattress so only I know it is there:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:)

4. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi He does empty it down but he needs to keep a good ammount in, but he is going to change that as much as he can in future. Pete :thumb:

5. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Like Motorhomelover, I would never keep any more than £50 in my Paypal account, before transferring it over to my bank account. I get "fake" e-mails on a regular basis, which claim to be from Paypal and when I send them on to Paypal for verification, they always come back to confirm that they were "fakes".

Glad to hear that Peter's son got things sorted out with them:thumb:

6. frogijock

frogijock Funster

Good to hear that your son has been compensated by Paypal :thumb:

7. peter marshall

peter marshall

Just an update the cash came back today from paypal ,so that was quick lets hope his new system stops it happing again, and we get our cash back soon lol Pete :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  8. madbluemad

madbluemad

I didnt even know that a paypal account had any money in it. I thought that paypal was a vehicle for gaining access to which ever bank account that you signed up with so that it (paypal) could remove the funds and pay the bill.
    Jim
    :RollEyes: