Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi All

My son has an ebay/paypal account, which he uses on his laptop and i -phone, this morning he recieved a phone call reportedly from paypal, he gave the woman on the phone NO details other than to confirm she was speaking to him re his account, after she had gone he checked the paypal to see what she was on about only to find it had been emptied of over £500.00, he has reported this and traced the call back to America lets hope he gets it back, It could only have been them hacking into is i- phone, so be aware this can be done. Pete :Angry::Angry:

OP
OP
peter marshall

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi All

My son has an ebay/paypal account, which he uses on his laptop and i -phone, this morning he recieved a phone call reportedly from paypal, he gave the woman on the phone NO details other than to confirm she was speaking to him re his account, after she had gone he checked the paypal to see what she was on about only to find it had been emptied of over £500.00, he has reported this and traced the call back to America lets hope he gets it back, It could only have been them hacking into is i- phone, so be aware this can be done. Pete :Angry::Angry:

Hi All
Just to let you know he has had an e.mail from paypal to say he will have a full refund in about 5 days, thats a relief (we gave him the 517.00) to keep him going so that's good we will get it back lol. Pete :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Hi All
Just to let you know he has had an e.mail from paypal to say he will have a full refund in about 5 days, thats a relief (we gave him the 517.00) to keep him going so that's good we will get it back lol. Pete :thumb::thumb::thumb:
I would not keep any more than £50 in a paypal account an amount of £500 would be in my main bank account as it is by far safer
(better still under the mattress so only I know it is there:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
peter marshall

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
I would not keep any more than £50 in a paypal account an amount of £500 would be in my main bank account as it is by far safer
(better still under the mattress so only I know it is there:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

Hi He does empty it down but he needs to keep a good ammount in, but he is going to change that as much as he can in future. Pete :thumb:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Like Motorhomelover, I would never keep any more than £50 in my Paypal account, before transferring it over to my bank account. I get "fake" e-mails on a regular basis, which claim to be from Paypal and when I send them on to Paypal for verification, they always come back to confirm that they were "fakes".

Glad to hear that Peter's son got things sorted out with them:thumb:

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Good to hear that your son has been compensated by Paypal :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
peter marshall

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi All

Just an update the cash came back today from paypal ,so that was quick lets hope his new system stops it happing again, and we get our cash back soon lol Pete :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I didnt even know that a paypal account had any money in it. I thought that paypal was a vehicle for gaining access to which ever bank account that you signed up with so that it (paypal) could remove the funds and pay the bill.
Jim
:RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back