Warning... Walking your dog on hot pavements.. ! (1 Viewer)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Yes I agree, but the dog wasn't walked on grass, and if it was left in a hot car then it the owner would be done for animal cruelty..so whats the difference if its walked on a pavement in red hot weather!!!! that's animal cruelty...look at the poor dogs pads, I can't justify that as been a careful owner with common sense.
Silvia

And neither can I! However, you said......
If someone hasn't got the common sense to refrain from walking their dogs in really hot weather then they should'nt have a dog in the first place simples.

Which implies ALL owners who exercise their dogs in really hot weather, not just the muppet in question. Surely, part of being a responsible owner is putting yourself in the dogs place, checking it's condition as you proceed on your walk, sitting under the shade of a tree, or a bridge, with your dog, to give it a rest, and as I said, letting it have a paddle, or a swim.
This was taken of our JR last week, on a really hot day. You can soon tell if your dog is OK, provided you tune into it's feelings.(y)

swim.JPG

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
In Aus we bought special little bootees for our Shepard to wear
during hot days, the added bonus was it also protected her feet from "bindis" which were a kind of a hooked shaped thorn found in some lawns

?

Deleted User
They do have dogs in hot country's. Walking on the pavement helps keep the claws down. Could this not just be a case of a UK dog having thinner/more sensitive feet do to living in a colder climate and to much soft grass walking? Could very easily been a simple mistake.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
??????? As long as the dog is hydrated, not left banged up in a car, the owner carries a water bottle, walks the dog on grass, and (preferably) takes the dog for a swim in tepid waters, I dont see a problem.
If more owners thought of what they themselves would require in such conditions, (abet they aren't wearing a fur coat), then tailored those needs to their pet, fair does. I mean, how do wild dogs in hot countries survive? Most dogs will moult their winter coats long before summer anyway. :)

Wild dogs in hot countries lie in the shade or hide in dens. They are also used to the heat. Don't run on asphalt. Stop when they get hot and hunt when it's cooler.

Oct 14, 2013
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
rollerteam zefiro
Exp
10 + years
And neither can I! However, you said......

Which implies ALL owners who exercise their dogs in really hot weather, not just the muppet in question. Surely, part of being a responsible owner is putting yourself in the dogs place, checking it's condition as you proceed on your walk, sitting under the shade of a tree, or a bridge, with your dog, to give it a rest, and as I said, letting it have a paddle, or a swim.
This was taken of our JR last week, on a really hot day. You can soon tell if your dog is OK, provided you tune into it's feelings.(y)

View attachment 110250

YES a responsible owner would check the condition of the dog if they had no choice other than walk a dog in really hot weather, but quite clearly that person didn't otherwise the dog would not of had pads in that condition, I rest my case.

Silvia

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back