Warning - Parking at Sainsbury's (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Another message I received through the Parking web site. I don't know how widespread Sainsbury's usage of Euro Car Parks is but worth checking before parking (same goes for any supermarket).

I recently parked in sainsbury's at Truro (Sat 16th April 2011)
1 My motorhome is such that I cannot use "standard car spaces" as I suggest is usually the case

2 Thus I either straddle up to 4 spaces or park as I see suitable

I did the latter and got a warning
Code C parked in conveniently
Code D Not parked in a car space

I am in contact with both the "car Park Company" euro car parks
and sainsbury's

I have not as yet received a reply from "euro car parks"
Sainsbury's have been more helpful and have asked for more details which I have provided.

I suggest Most of the superstores need to be more friendly/helpful
Indeed if they are not many motrohome owners may well adjust their "weekly shopping" accordingly
I needed to buy some diesel
I chose to NOT buy it at this sainsbury's fuel station !

I suggest we have a good deal of "collective purchasing power" especially if we include fuel.

I have asked Sainsbury's to consider a 3 level grading
a) Motorhomes welcome and some dedicated parking
b) Motorhomes Ok and "straddling" allowed
c) Motorhomes "difficult" for whatever reason
(eg Height restrictions or general access issues such as a small car park)

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Hear, hear ...

I think that UK store parking (esp Sainsburys) was designed by a YTS on a quiet saturday.:Sad:

They obviously don't think that any customers use anything bigger than the average car. People carriers, 4wd, vans etc. are not welcome. Our OAP bus brings the place to a standstill.

To top it all our Sainsburys now has about 8 small home delivery trucks that take up a whole section. The only way to get a a bigger space is for you to get pregnant and use the mother / children spaces.:winky:

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
I was in a similar situation in ASDA at Hereford. I parked in what was obviously the wrong place because I was concerned about taking up a couple of bays. It wasn't inconsiderate to other users, there was no issue with access for others including emergency vehicles. The attendant came over and I was expecting a 'jobsworth' type conversation but he was absolutely fine. He directed me to an area of the carpark which was just as close as where I'd abandoned The Rosabella, and told me not to worry about taking up extra space.

I will be shopping there again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
Why, you motorhomers that insist on doing your shopping at Sainsbury's make me mad, and all of us round here have had enough of it. Can't you buy your Fray Bentos pies online like normal people? If you can afford a Motorhome you can afford online delivery charges.

You deserve to have your tyres slashed and woken by car horns. Hanging is too good for you all. Bah!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

David

(I love freedom of speech.. :ROFLMAO: )

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
They won't deliver my online ordered shopping to "The Black Van somewhere in Bath"...

JJ

Why, you motorhomers that insist on doing your shopping at Sainsbury's make me mad, and all of us round here have had enough of it. Can't you buy your Fray Bentos pies online like normal people? If you can afford a Motorhome you can afford online delivery charges.

You deserve to have your tyres slashed and woken by car horns. Hanging is too good for you all. Bah!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

David

(I love freedom of speech.. :ROFLMAO: )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
If anyone is passing through East Grinstead on the A22 Sainsburys there have been fine so far, I always park at the back of their overflow car park furthest away from the store and never had any issues

Cheers
Gary

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back