Warning - Parking at Sainsbury's

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by GJH, Apr 20, 2011.

1. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Another message I received through the Parking web site. I don't know how widespread Sainsbury's usage of Euro Car Parks is but worth checking before parking (same goes for any supermarket).

2. Scotties

Scotties Funster Life Member

Hear, hear ...

I think that UK store parking (esp Sainsburys) was designed by a YTS on a quiet saturday.:Sad:

They obviously don't think that any customers use anything bigger than the average car. People carriers, 4wd, vans etc. are not welcome. Our OAP bus brings the place to a standstill.

To top it all our Sainsburys now has about 8 small home delivery trucks that take up a whole section. The only way to get a a bigger space is for you to get pregnant and use the mother / children spaces.:Wink:

3. TDH

TDH Funster

I was in a similar situation in ASDA at Hereford. I parked in what was obviously the wrong place because I was concerned about taking up a couple of bays. It wasn't inconsiderate to other users, there was no issue with access for others including emergency vehicles. The attendant came over and I was expecting a 'jobsworth' type conversation but he was absolutely fine. He directed me to an area of the carpark which was just as close as where I'd abandoned The Rosabella, and told me not to worry about taking up extra space.

I will be shopping there again.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DBSilverfox

DBSilverfox Read Only Funster

Why, you motorhomers that insist on doing your shopping at Sainsbury's make me mad, and all of us round here have had enough of it. Can't you buy your Fray Bentos pies online like normal people? If you can afford a Motorhome you can afford online delivery charges.

You deserve to have your tyres slashed and woken by car horns. Hanging is too good for you all. Bah!

:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

David

(I love freedom of speech.. :Rofl1: )

• Like Like x 7
  5. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Tried that, but the clapped out delivery van could not keep up with us.

• Like Like x 3
  6. JJ

JJ Funster

They won't deliver my online ordered shopping to "The Black Van somewhere in Bath"...

JJ

• Like Like x 3
  7. Toffs-G

Toffs-G Read Only Funster

If anyone is passing through East Grinstead on the A22 Sainsburys there have been fine so far, I always park at the back of their overflow car park furthest away from the store and never had any issues

Cheers
    Gary