Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hello can any one advise re. a battery symbol in red on dashboard I have just taken van out of storage and this light was on when I started up and it didnt go out on the way home I have charged the battery up on hook up and its says battery good 12.7v but Light still on when I took van back to storage is this light because its not charging from alternator:Sad:eek:r is it something a little more complex:cry:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
sounds like alternator fault.

Can you put a meter on the battery then start the engine.

If volts rise its charging...if not it isnt.

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Try giving your alternator a tap with the wooden end of a hammer, the brushes may have stuck.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
First check the drive belt for the alternator. Check it's there and check the alternator is turning.

Maybe as advised a stuck brush and a tap will clear it but could also be a diode failure etc in the alternator. If you run the engine with say the headlights on is the battery voltage above 14v for a fully charged battery.

Sorry to say if your asking what it could be then there is little option for you. Than to take it to a auto electrician. Having read this not a criticism but an observation.

Good luck.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back