Warning Light (1 Viewer)

Dec 9, 2013
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2005
Hi everyone, my airbag warning light is illuminated and stays on also my cruise control is not working. This has happened on the way home from the dealer I bought it from. They also fitted a solar panel. Could this be connected? Its back in for inspection on Tuesday. Any ideas or advice! Ps its on a Ford.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
What year and model is your van?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Not sure on your vehicle but apparently a common problem causing the airbag warning light to come on is a faulty connection in a plug under the seat.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I suspect the two are related....but not the solar panel.

If the airbag has failed i would expect it to isolate other circuits...inc the cruise control.

I had an ABS sensor failure and that cancelled the cruise control as cruise needs a speed sensor signal to work.
as the airbag system only activates if the vehicle is moving above a preset speed it also needs a speed input

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Is your elektroblock and/or battery under a cab seat by any chance? If so then my guess is the fitters have missed plugging the seatbelt pretensioner in under that seat. Simple to fix, look under the cab seats for a wire coming from the seat and its counterpart in the seat box and clip them back together, warning light will go out.

D.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Is your elektroblock and/or battery under a cab seat by any chance? If so then my guess is the fitters have missed plugging the seatbelt pretensioner in under that seat. Simple to fix, look under the cab seats for a wire coming from the seat and its counterpart in the seat box and clip them back together, warning light will go out.

D.
As i said Dave, a warning light doesnt always mean that circuit, in this case the airbags, is at fault.

Getting far too technical these days.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Yes PJ but the cruise function may well be disabled if the ABS/seatbelt pretensioner system shows a fault. Disconnected seatbelt pretensioner wires are a common issue, especially if seat swivels are fitted.

D.

OP
OP
albial
Dec 9, 2013
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2005
The battery is under the seat and the fitters will have been there to connect the solar panel. I will check tomorrow thanks a lot.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing

D.

Beware it may look connected, but needs a good "wiggle" to make it go right home!!. I`d forgotten, but I had the seats out of a Smart car a couple of years back, when we put them back the air-bag light came on. It had to go and be "Reset" with an OBD Computer!! took 30 sec; (and £30-00) That`s Merc; for you!!. I taped the bloody thing to stop it coming out after that!!.

Pete

Molls-Phot

Free Member
Oct 8, 2009
Lee-on-Solent
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 340
Exp
Since November 2009
Last night I noticed the seat belt warning light remains dimly lit on my 2015 X290 Ducato. Not a prelude to some problem is it?

castor

Free Member
Jan 15, 2014
Reguiny France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria Artic T71.LP
Exp
Hi Mols Pot , we had same problem , went to fiat who replaced the dash unit as was a fiat fault , ours came on dim when cruise control was switched on .

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Last night I noticed the seat belt warning light remains dimly lit on my 2015 X290 Ducato. Not a prelude to some problem is it?
It will still be under warranty so I would get it seen to. It shouldn't be dimly lit. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back