Warning: Gift voucher scam (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
For those of you who don't keep up with the latest security issues. Please note that scammers are sending out emails purporting to be from Amazon, Apple iTunes store and others. These emails come with an attachment which the email will tell you to open to get your store code.

Do NOT open this file, it contains a virus that may take over your machine.
The virus varies, but it can steal credentials, install key loggers or be used as a spam sender.

If you are expecting a friend to send you a voucher or receive one that looks convincing it should be in plain text not as an attachment. If you are unsure contact the sender to check first.

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
PS: If anyone wants a good source of this info I can recommend
http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/

It doesn't pick up all the security risks, but does highlight the trending ones that are most likely to show up on the average users computer.

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
I spent ages setting those spam/scam vouchers out just right, and re-routing via my laptop in hongkong ...hmmph...now ill have to find another way to make some bucks for xmas presents...and petrol.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I had one of them, I didn't open it as I don't need anything from apple but thanks for the info lots of people could be scammed with that one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back