Warning About '3' Feel At Home Destinations.

Discussion in 'Web Connections' started by Welsh girl, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

Warning about '3' feel at home destinations.

Yesterday were in northen France. In Auderville. The network 'sure' came up on my phone. I couldn't get on most of the day but when it did connect I used it and this morning a message from '3' came up on my phone. 'You are out of credit.

I'm on all you can eat data which doesn't expire until 2nd August.

I was confused but as we were moving to a different area I switched off my phone.

When at our destination , Tréauville, France, I switched on again and all my credit of £2.97 had been used.

I am now using Orange F.

I'm assuming that I was picking up 'sure' which is the network for Guernsey and Jersey.

We were so close to them but around 15 miles across the water that my phone had picked up their signal and was using it to give me service.

I didn't receive a warning from '3' that I was using the network that is not on their allowed feel at home destinations.

Luckily I only had a small amount of credit left.

I had bought an add on 1st July which allows me to use their feel at home destinations.

Just a warning to other users of the 3 feel at home destinations.

• Like Like x 2
  2. chaser

chaser Funster

Also if you get near the Belgium border it can do it and you were lucky with your £2.97, because they usually take £5 a day

• Like Like x 2
  3. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

Hmmm....will switch of when going through Belgium next week:(

• Like Like x 1
  4. jollyrodger

jollyrodger Funster Life Member

Had similar happen last year,coming back from Germany the 3 sim had been turned off.I had been using toggle sim(phone only),up through Luxemburg and Belgium.
    Back into France,(Bray Dunes) switched 3 back on for data .contract sim.used what I needed and on to Dunkirk for ferry switched phone back to toggle .
    Got email with bill and had a HOW MUCH ! moment .onto 3 customer care (that's a laugh on its own) managed to finally get across that they had better equipment than me check and find that BD is in France ,not Belgium long story short they checked agreed and cacelled the £16 ... from the bill .

• Like Like x 2
  5. camocam1

camocam1 Read Only Funster

A few years back went on a med cruise so bought an orange European bundle but didn't bank on the cruise ship being American and it came up as being in USA and came home to a bill of £225 for 10 days
    Got it reduced to £100

6. Allanm

Allanm Funster

Before 3 came up with its Feel at Home in France, we went to St Margaret's at Cliffe near Dover and noticed we were always connected to the French phone provider Bouygues. Luckily, we didn't use the phone so didn't get charged but I could easily have used loads of data, it was a much better signal the 3 could provide

7. Destination Unknown

Destination Unknown Funster

We are travelling many areas in France and at times slow 3 has been fine. We have been less than a mile from Belgium border and no problems.
    We do switch off roaming when entering Belgium/Germany ect.

But the last time we came across on the ferry to France we used the phone. Even thou 3 covers France it connected to some supplier and we were charged. Contacted 3 and they honoured the cost and refunded.

• Like Like x 1