Warning…Is your Motorhome/Caravan is going back to Swift to get fixed? (1 Viewer)

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Swift kindly agreed to fix an issue with our motorhome under warranty. Swift offered a date for collection and “suggested” in the covering letter that the motorhome wouldn’t be longer than a month. When I say “suggested”, I mean they give you the impression by the wording.

After the motorhome was collected from our local dealership at the beginning of May, we received another letter from Swift to inform us the vehicle had been received and that Swift will be closing down for its “Annual Whit Holiday” from May 30th to June 11th and “the closure may affect the period of time your vehicle is with us”.

After speaking to them they said work would continue on the motorhome after June 11th then I’d have to wait for the vehicle to be shipped back (or a 500mile round trip for collection + fuel). If I’d known this before I would have selected a different date, now we don’t have to the motorhome for 6+ weeks and missed two Bank Holidays.

I called Swift “Customer Services” to ask why they didnt tell us about this closure and should have let us know about this Annual Whit Holiday before agreeing the date, they weren’t interested and quite shirty.

Anyway I just thought I’d share….before you submit your Motorhome/Caravan, ask them if they have any planned closure ….they won’t tell you.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
But the whole world revolves around Swift, they know it why didn't you
Seriously that appears to be the attitude, its not a big ask is it
Even our very small business closed for the bank holiday, we know our customers know we close. BUT we still reminded anyone leaving there vehicle with that no work would be carried out until we re opened. a simple courtesy and proof you understand your customers needs and wants
For what its worth this crops up every year and swift are aware of the close down problem and have done nothing about it, like I said its not a big ask, sort it Swift communication is the key, and it costs nothing

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I am more interested what Swift are doing to your van ? age etc, Are they still churning known faults out
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back