Warm Welcome At Parc Verger ?. (1 Viewer)

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
hi munchie arriving there on the 14th of june how is it looking for places
cheers

On the 16th we will just have got the keys to our new house 3Km down the cycle track, now being from Todmorden we know there are a lot of rough types come from Middleton but we will take a chance and welcome you

pollensabob

Free Member
Jan 30, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7 years
Marco de Bignac, ACSI, between Poitiers and Angoleme brilliant English owned, stacks of room nice restaurant etc etc open all year if closed, phone call they open up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We have been and everyone was fine, doesn't seem like the people we met, and funny they havnt been on to reply, perhaps it was the new owners or someone just looking after the place.

Jun 1, 2009
middleton manchester
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
6 years
He he cannot answer you as we are at Mialleraye at the moment but we will be back around that time. Come n say hello we are in the naughty corner in Chateau Munchie!

sorry did not explain myself to well,i meant i would be at la mailleraye on the 14th.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Wildman .
So I pass by and pop in to try and find you and ?
Welcoming sites will always be busier than the other kind

Vlad
everyone who makes an effort to find me gets a warm welcome if they stay or not, if you don't find me I cannot shout at you for not doing so, hee hee
Funsters are always welcome to drop by and say hi, if the gate is unlocked I'm on site, if not then only a phonecall away. Staying is not a requirement to have a chinwag, coffee or something stronger.

rrusty

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
None sold sept 2019
Exp
Well we went there a few years ago and drove onto the site and this couple came running out shouting stop did you not see the sign - what sign, the sign had fallen over. But did not like there attitude and made our excuses and left.

Deleted User
If you want to keep people out put up a barrier and a big sign and then people know! No need for rudeness.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Let's just look at this from another angle, shall we?

Let's imagine it wasn't you, but a couple of ne'er do well Tea Leaves, casing the joint to assess the best vans, places to get whatever was on their shopping list that day. That woman there for instance, loaded with jewellery - she must take at least some of it of when she goes for a shower, and judging where the ablutions are situated, we could be in and out of that Bloggs and Smith motorhome which we know from prior experience are dead simple to break into quietly, in under 30 seconds. So we'll come back (whenever) and wait behind that tree/clump of bushes, we can park the getaway car in the lane (where we've already clocked a likely spot) and that will be that.

Oh and the bloke next door has a rather new looking electric bike! - we'll get good money for that.

You could have been ANYBODY.
You can spot an insurance person a mile off.................

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Well we went there a few years ago and drove onto the site and this couple came running out shouting stop did you not see the sign - what sign, the sign had fallen over. But did not like there attitude and made our excuses and left.

First impressions are so important if you are running a business.

All our receptionists are glamorous and happy.(y)

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Cobweb. We are currently at parc verger & remember the incident in question as we overheard the conversation. Bob & Di do run a tight ship which security is high on the list, which we are grateful for. What you failed to mention is that Di did offer to show you around the site. We were surprised by the tone of your reply. As cyclists you could have been anybody. The sign as you enter clearly asks ALL visitors to report to reception. If there is no one there a push of the bell would have brought either one of them out to you & saved any embarrassment !!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Cobweb. We are currently at parc verger & remember the incident in question as we overheard the conversation. Bob & Di do run a tight ship which security is high on the list, which we are grateful for. What you failed to mention is that Di did offer to show you around the site. We were surprised by the tone of your reply. As cyclists you could have been anybody. The sign as you enter clearly asks ALL visitors to report to reception. If there is no one there a push of the bell would have brought either one of them out to you & saved any embarrassment !!

In relation to the tone of the reply, I am just wondering if you heard the whole conversation or just the reply?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I must say I am amazed at this thread, I have never seen anything but praise for bob and di and parc verger on here, having been ourselves, we found everyone pleasant, and friendly and a nice cheap site it is too, surprised they havnt been on to give their side, but maybe as they are leaving they've changed and can't give a s....., not very good start for the new owners though is it?

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
We were there last week, it was immaculate and Bob & Di were as attentive as site owners can be. Grass being cut, new shower curtains, pool being cleaned. We had a good stay and personally I prefer the security of all visitors going to reception.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Bottom line..

this thread is about rudeness toward visitors.. not about how good a site's facilities are.

A site is only as good as the people running it.. good customer relations and attitude to others is everything.

Even if the OP was in the wrong, it was a misunderstanding, it is no excuse for aggression or rudeness.. a simply 'excuse me, can I help' would have sufficed.. none of this would have been reported and the site's reputation would still be intact.

Bob and Di may not have read this but if and when they do, I hope for the sake of the new owners, and the site's reputation, they give their side and hopefully offer an apology.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We spent a nice 5 days there a few years ago; enjoyed a bit of cycling, a great party in the village, some lovely flat walks and a visit to Orator Su Glaine, but that was enough for us. Nothing there or in the area though that would drag us back, apart from maybe popping in to visit Funsters of course. But that is nothing to do with the owners. Bob and Di were great hosts but I remember they were sticklers for their rules. I walked over to see the kids at the pool with a drink in a plastic crystal, real looking glass and a raised voice from reception, that could easily be construed as rude, loudly informed that no glass was allowed at the pool. Flip side, Bob ferried me in his own car into town and during our stay couldn't have been more helpful. Overall a very pleasant stay.

Last edited:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Bob and Di may not have read this but if and when they do, I hope for the sake of the new owners, and the site's reputation, they give their side and hopefully offer an apology.

Agree with your sentiments Jim but would need to hear PV's side first before deciding whether an apology from whatever side is appropriate.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
The owner of Tripadvisor said that when looking at customer reviews you should ignore the top 10% of good reviews as they are probably from friends etc. and that you should ignore the bottom 10% too . If you take the remainder as a general guide then you will not be far from the truth.
Looking online Parc Verger has been rated as follows:
9/10 by ukcampsite
9.3/10 by France-voyage

I've no axe to grind with any side in this matter, however I believe that Cobweb should have obeyed the no entry signs. I can understand why he took 'unbridge' at being chastised for breaking the site rules - who likes being told off?
Could Parc Verger have handled this better? Yes probably
But their reputation as a site speaks for itself and I believe that this was an isolated incident that they will learn something from

OP
OP
Cobweb

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
If there was an invitation it sounded more like a threat and to be honest I did not hear it since by that time we were well on our way out . I have no doubt that many people have and will continue to enjoy the facilities but like someone pointed out ....first impressions count . We have had a lovely time in a shady free Aire and have still been able to cycle on the voie vert to Chalus which was our intent when wanting to stay in Parc Verger . We have just driven our van to the car park by the path and returned to the tranquil aire at night . If it had not been for this incident we would not have found this delightful spot .

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
If there was an invitation it sounded more like a threat and to be honest I did not hear it since by that time we were well on our way out . I have no doubt that many people have and will continue to enjoy the facilities but like someone pointed out ....first impressions count . We have had a lovely time in a shady free Aire and have still been able to cycle on the voie vert to Chalus which was our intent when wanting to stay in Parc Verger . We have just driven our van to the car park by the path and returned to the tranquil aire at night . If it had not been for this incident we would not have found this delightful spot .
I'm a great believer that all things happen for a reason, and am glad to learn that things turned out fine in this instance
Aires are great - we only ever stay on a camp site if we need to do laundry or if there is no aire locally
Happy travels !

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I was taught as a young salesman

'you never get a second chance to make a first impression'

I mostly try to work to that rule :), actually I 'always try' and mostly succeed :D

well I hope they are not to happy clappy:LOL: I'm dealing with estate agents at the moment and some of the receptionists enthusiasm so OTT and false it makes me feel like putting the phone down...:D

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Sorry to be so long answering this, but we've been a bit busy and I failed to spot this earlier.

First let me say that we were disappointed at the time that this happened. We have an alarm on the drive that tells us of vehicular traffic, but it is not normally triggered by cycles, which is why we were not alerted to Cobweb’s arrival. There are clear signs asking all visitors to report to reception, and when that is not manned there is a sign on the door with a bell push to which we respond immediately. We do not understand why Cobweb did not press the bell which could have avoided all this..

We were lunching at the time, and although we can see much of the site from our home we did not spot Cobweb until late. We do take site security seriously, and the moment we see someone on site that is not recognised we seek to identify them. Had Cobweb pressed the bell push we would have happily shown him and his wife around, as we do not close from early morning to late evening – we have many guests who arrive when we are lunching.

On this occasion Di went to investigate, and called across to attract their attention. We are sorry if her words were not perfect, and anybody knowing Di will appreciate that she is an extremely helpful person. Clearly the last thing we want to do is to put off potential guests, and the high ratings we receive are evidence that we get things right most of the time.
Bob
www.parcverger.com

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Unfortunately people all too easily pay scant attention to signs in detail. I'm all in favour of a bollocking if I dun wrong potential customer or not. If it was in a language I could not read I'd argue my side otherwise accept it (y)

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
We have been to Parc Verger several times and really enjoyed it, yes Bob is a stickler for the rules but that way rules do not get laxed I bet nobody has had a bike stolen from that site in all the years Bob and Di have been operating it and to my knowledge no one has ever had to lie with one ear open at night listening out for potential gas attackers I bet if you were to look at their insurance policy the rules they apply will be mostly written down in that

Hey isn't it funny how we all differ, thanfully so, but Jim is not really fond of that area of France and yet having toured much of France we have opted to make it our home or at least we have opted for a house 3Km down the cycle track from there

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
well I hope they are not to happy clappy:LOL: I'm dealing with estate agents at the moment and some of the receptionists enthusiasm so OTT and false it makes me feel like putting the phone down...:D

Oop's..quoted wrong post....note to myself..pay attention!:giggle: It was in reply to Chris's post re receptionists:censored:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Bob is a stickler for the rules but that way rules

no problem with rules.. without them campsites would be mayhem .. I wish more sites ran tight ships like Bob and Di

but in this case it was how they were enforced that was the issue.. or reason for complaining

@Parcverger
thanks Bob for explaining and apologising on behave of Di.. we all have our 'off' days.. it's only human..

wishing you both good luck and good health to enjoy your well earned retirement :)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I looked for PV on my campercontact app but couldn't find it, but it is on their website. It needs photographs and some reviews in English if anyone is going there.

http://www.campercontact.com/en/fra...73/motorhome-parking-camping-parc-verger.aspx

My app is up to date so I don't know why I can't find it with the search facility. However, I haven't looked for it on the map.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back