"WARDENS" They who must be obeyed"

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Littlewheels, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Littlewheels

Littlewheels Funster

let me just say that l love CC sites and that I actually enjoy the regimental system that it operates if only because it controls " Those among us" that believe they can do what they want,the my money is as good as the next brigade.

However, I detest the term "Warden" I do not think it complements many of the people that accept the task/title I have met some wonderful ones that do a great and difficult job and a few that do live upto the title, Warden, but is it outdated? I have difficulty thinking of a Warden other than as someone related with Prison/Jail, I might add I haven't been in prison at his point,LOL,I even turn to my bride of 48yrs the wardens coming when I see him/her on the warpath, Oh Dear! what have I said!! But they do co e looking for those that are not following the rules,and rightly so but I think a better title than Warden would be more appropriate and perhaps demand more respect.

So what would you like the term " Warden" to be replaced with?

• Like Like x 5
  2. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

We are meeting our wardens at 18:40 to walk up to the Robin Hood for dinner (y) I call them Helen & Ian as I'm not their employer :LOL:

• Like Like x 4
  3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

The C&CC term of Holiday Site Manager is more friendly.

• Like Like x 3
  4. mickyc

mickyc Read Only Funster

Continental motorhome door eh ??

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  5. Mikey RV

Mikey RV Funster

Some of them friends, others hitlers, some w****s most I have met have been great I must admit and its a job I would like to try because of the life style. They are only doing a job.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ianandkath

ianandkath Funster

what about, jumped -up little hitlers, some are so far up there own ass its not true:madder::sicker:

7. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I've never had a problem with any of them. Always walk into the reception office with a smile when we arrive and receive smiles back :)

• Like Like x 12
  8. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

Sums them up quite well, all the ones I've met, that's the reason we are no longer members.

• Like Like x 1
  9. gillnphil

gillnphil Funster

In defence of caravan club wardens, I have only ever met one jobsworth type. All the others have been more than helpful.
    There have to be some rules or people would spoil it for others given half a chance.
    Phil

• Like Like x 8
  10. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

would agree with that..

also

Site Administrator

or

Campsite Ranger

• Like Like x 2
  11. Daveo2006

Daveo2006 Read Only Funster

Not one to stay on the site so don't have much contact with them. We spend most of the time walking and seeing the sites. The ones we do speak to all seem pretty hapy go lucky and to be honest i wouldn't want to clear up some of the things I've seen so maybe entitled to be a bit grouchy at times. Warden does seem a bit of a hard word i guess.

12. Abacist

Abacist Funster

Camp Commandant:p:p:p:p:p:p!

• Like Like x 4
  13. thehutchies

thehutchies Funster

I can assure you that for every difficult warden there are a hundred arsey campers :)

But there are far more campers and wardens who are generally decent people, considerate,
    caring and friendly.

Do we get the relationships we deserve? :)

• Like Like x 12
  14. Khizzie

Khizzie Funster

Have nothing but admiration for these individuals who have to be all things to all kinds of campers..they are always on hand to help out ,and the only time I have seen any one of them take a person to task for wrongdoing it was because that person overstepped the line..in fact there have been times when if I had been that warden having someone shouting the odds I would have punched that persons lights out..they do a great job in my opinion and have never had an issue in over 40 yrs of camping in tents, caravans or motorhome..

• Like Like x 7
  15. Peter Ashcroft

Peter Ashcroft Funster Life Member

I think you also have to treat them as you would expect them to treat you, I have heard so many people talk to them like they are objects and inferior in some way, its pretty disgusting, must affect their personalities after suffering it for so long.

• Like Like x 4
  16. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

We are having a very rare break in the UK in two weeks time. Booked onto a C&CC in Oxford. Preparing myself for the usual continental side door I have plus my blue hook up cable plus my lack of practice frog marching plus my very rusty salute. Hey Ho here we go again. Haven't been a naughty boy on a campsite since December 2014 at York. The commander and I won't be exchanging Christmas cards this year I'm afraid.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

I've had a thoroughly enjoyable evening with real people and they retire for good next week.
    Never forget that there are far more idiotic members than bad wardens and we have just lost two of the very best.

• Like Like x 10
  18. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I don't understand these comments about continental side door. We don't stay on CC sites very often but since we have had our current van when we have we have simply been asked, in a polite and friendly manner, to pitch with the front nearside or rear offside (or the other way about, can't really remember) corner to the peg, whichever was most convenient for us. It obviously didn't matter which side our (continental) door ended up on.

• Like Like x 2
  19. sdc77

sdc77 Funster

Likewise.. were members of both and never had an issue with our van positioning on a pitch.. and we have a 'continental door'.
    Also we've never met a warden we could describe as a little Hitler. . Some can be a bit abrupt but the huge majority are nice people trying to the right thing for everyone.
    Having out of necessity. . Been on a park resorts site with no active wardens twice I am thankful they exist on the 2 main club sites and thankful for the rules too.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

I have not come across a horrible warden yet.
    As said in previous post if there were no wardens there would be chaos.
    Much like the haven sites.
    We only go to them on weekdays and definitely not bank holidays.

• Like Like x 1