Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
I have a 20" AS Electrobike that I'm planning to sell. Bought for £740 in 2012 and hardly used. Maybe done 20 miles. Panniers, Bag (for folded bike), helmet and lock. Needs new tyre valves and probably inner tubes because anti-puncture gunge has blocked them. Needs wiping with a damp cloth (which I will do!) and then almost showroom condition. I'm in Kent, but a My Hermes courier wouldn't be hugely expensive. Have a look at www.asbikes.co.uk and then, if you're interested, message me an offer. It would save me auctioning it on Ebay!

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Raleigh Velo XC bought from Halfords less than 2 years ago used 3 times brand new condition , cost £980,
£625 battery , charger , etc still boxed , all paperwork , pm please if interested
Sue

Raleigh-Velo-XC-low-step.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Have got a red Wayfarer folder bought this June-ex demo with new battey -good condition Great little bike good range. Have since put towbar /rack on MH and now have a little honda I take with me so dont use bike much.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Gunner

Gunner

Free Member
Oct 11, 2016
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer c544gt
Exp
1 year
I have look on google for pics and spec. Thanks. What your best price.

OP
OP
Gunner

Gunner

Free Member
Oct 11, 2016
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer c544gt
Exp
1 year
Hi is it the twist and go type with pedal asst choice. I think there a problem with the new law if it is. Can you advice thanks.

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Mine is twist and go bit 2015 model so rules dont apply .Want £300 for it -got charger/carrier/lights and had new battery July.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
The new law in the UK only applies to bikes bought since January this year.
In Europe, as far as I know, they are not allowed to have twist and go anywhere. In Spain I believe there is a €900 fine applicable. However, speaking to many electro-bike owners over there, while everyone seems aware of the rules, they still seem to buy and ride bikes like this. In the Netherlands there are more complicated rules and e-bikes need to be insured I am told.

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
In Europe, as far as I know, they are not allowed to have twist and go anywhere. In Spain I believe there is a €900 fine applicable. However, speaking to many electro-bike owners over there, while everyone seems aware of the rules, they still seem to buy and ride bikes like this. In the Netherlands there are more complicated rules and e-bikes need to be insured I am told.

Although I voted "Remain", this is just the sort of silly regulation that would persuade me to change my mind! I can understand such a regulation for bikes that do more than 15mph but I don't see the point for plodder bikes up to 15mph :mad:

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Think you will find it is bikes MADE before 2016 that are OK.Dont think its any different abroard.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I thought that was what I said.... could be wrong though. As for e-bikes in Europe, like many rules in Europe, unless there is a case to answer, most people seem to ignore legislation.
I too find it plain silly, that I can drive a 50cc moped up to 40mph on my driving licence but cannot drive an e-bike at 15mph anywhere in Europe, I must pedal; bizarre!

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
I thought that was what I said.... could be wrong though. As for e-bikes in Europe, like many rules in Europe, unless there is a case to answer, most people seem to ignore legislation.
I too find it plain silly, that I can drive a 50cc moped up to 40mph on my driving licence but cannot drive an e-bike at 15mph anywhere in Europe, I must pedal; bizarre!
Also when I was in Germany noticed that the cycle off road paths were being used by small mopeds as well as bikes?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Your moped would be taxed and insured, that's where the big fines come from, exceed the definition of e-bike and you are riding an unlicensed uninsured moped.

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
You will if faced with Spanish Plod carrying a 9mm pistol.

During a business trip to Sweden many years ago, I was stopped by a Motorbike Patrol for a minor infringement. I got out of the vehicle in time to see the cop walking towards me and unbuttoning his holster. That was pretty disturbing, even though he left the pistol in the holster. After a very sarcastic lecture, he let me go without any penalty :whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back