Wanted - slim waste water container (1 Viewer)

Hoedown

Free Member
Oct 21, 2011
Garden of England
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
First year accomplished
We are looking for a slim (no more than 6 inches deep) waster water container to go underneath our campervan. We have seen some made by Thetford, but can not find supplies anywhere, so presume they are an older type and no longer made. Has anyone got one they would be prepared to let us have. We are prepared to pay a sensible amount and postage if necessary.

Thank you

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I think you'll find that Johns Cross has a supply of shallow waste water containers, try them.....HERE....:thumb:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
do you mean the black jerry can type with a cap on the side ?
or the trolley type favoured by caravaners??

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Other-popular-plastics-Black-Waste/dp/B0041A5E7Y/ref=sr_1_2?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1349378308&sr=1-2[/ame]

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wastemaster-Litre-Capacity-Caravans-Motorhomes/dp/B004V8W294/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349378247&sr=8-1[/ame]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
We've got a 'Wastemaster', £20 ... no longer needed. Vgc. We'll be coming UK 2nd half November...

(RRp £64.99)

:Smile:

OP
OP
H

Hoedown

Free Member
Oct 21, 2011
Garden of England
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
First year accomplished
We were thinking of the one without wheels, just a cap on the side and one on the top.

Thanks

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
as daft as it may sound try your local caravan sites as occasionally they get left behind my dad got 2 this way.
also caravan breakers will have them by the hundreds.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I had the same problem, got one of the black thetford ones eventually used off ebay.

Allegro83

Free Member
Jul 20, 2010
Balfron, Stirling
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer L
Exp
15 years
Slim waste water container

We found the containers made now too deep to go below our Motorhome and line up with the outlet which is in the centre just behind the rear axle.
We saw someone with exactly what we needed and asked them - it was 20 years old or so.
I looked on ebay and managed to find one less than 6inch, just had a look but cannot find the same at the moment.
Hope this helps
Jan

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
We had Fiamma fresh and waste containers from when we had a trailer tent. After lugging them both through France for 3 weeks in September without using them we decided to offload them! Fresh water has been sold, waste could be yours for £18...same as this [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fiamma-Caravan-Motorhome-Waste-Roll/dp/B000W49K5A/ref=pd_sim_sg_1[/ame]

OP
OP
H

Hoedown

Free Member
Oct 21, 2011
Garden of England
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
First year accomplished
Thanks ericaonabike...that is still too deep to go under our van. We had one like that and let it go with our folding camper.

The ideal one is like the one mentioned in previous post, but without the wheels. We found one on ebay but lost the auction. We will just keep looking.

Allegro83

Free Member
Jul 20, 2010
Balfron, Stirling
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer L
Exp
15 years
This is the type we bought - unfortunately this one comes with aqua roll. The handle/wheels are easily taken off.

Link Removed

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hoedown

Free Member
Oct 21, 2011
Garden of England
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
First year accomplished
Not so much a low-slung van, but the drain hose needs to hang down in to a container to flow out properly. We would certainly be emptying it on a regular basis. We are just fed up with trying to empty the on-board waste tank especially when it keeps getting smelly.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Have a look on the caravan club classifieds, there are a few listed on there so you might find that one meets your needs:

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/caravanclubapps/applications/caravan-classifieds/results.aspx

Also, have a look at the free ad sites: Gumtree, Friday Ad, Free Ads, Loot etc plus any local sites - you could also make an appeal on your local Freecycle site (you'll need to become a member of it first) and see if anyone has one sitting around that they don't need any more.

We actually have one of the slimline ones for sale (black with white cap on end and side) but are a fair way from you - are you likely to be coming our way - near Hull, E Yorks?

OP
OP
H

Hoedown

Free Member
Oct 21, 2011
Garden of England
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
First year accomplished
Thanks for your info Minx, I have only just found it as we have been away again. Is your container still up for sale? If so, how much and could we arrange for it to be sent to us? We are not likely to be that far up country any time soon. I don't suppose you are going to the West Mersea meet are you? We will be there attending our first funster rally.

Sorry, I could not work out how to send this direct to you as a private message.

Thanks

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
On my autotrail simply turning the outlet pipe end 90 degrees clock wise so it was pointing to the rear instead of straight down gave me an extra 2" of clearance..and still emptied just the same.

hope thi helps
regards
Steve:thumb:

gpz

May 24, 2012
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
converted movano
Exp
bespoke tank

i dont know where you ars based but i got a bespoke tank for my movano made and fitted for £100 by a guy called shaun barratt @ barratt tanks
e mail shaun@tank.me what a nice guy made and fitted to any size you like
ps shaun is based in ferrybridge

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back