Wanted.. Ideas where a small box can be got ! (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Been looking for a small box or basket..
it needs to be about 9"-12" long, about 1" deep and maybe 1.5" wide

I want to attach it just under the window and above the table to keep pens, pins, small bits and bobs that are always left loose on the table ..

Any ideas ?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Have a look in T K Maxx they have all manner of interesting boxes. ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/html/onlineshop/fullrange_rub.php
these boxes are sold by Staples. We use the 0.8litre for that same purpose.
Patrick

That is really spot on Patrick, thank you... but that £4.00 ( near as dammit ) postage charge means it is a firm I will not give my business to.. Shame really but it really boils my bits when a firm thinks they can rip folk off on postage.. Stupid thing is, if they need to make more money why not put the price of the items up.. At least people can respect a high price and not being taken for mugs !

Will check out TK and see what they have to offer :Smile:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Give me a chunk of metal and I will make whatever you want.. I can work on rare metals including gold and platinum,, I can work most grades of stainless ( the REAL good stuff is a bit tough for my lathes ), and all the normal stuff like mild steel, copper etc..
I can weld, cut, abrade, cast, turn and mill.. I can chisel out a woodruff slot, file a key for it, easy as pie

But............... but !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me ANY kinda wood and all I will make out of it is a nasty pile of shavings and the odd matchstick looking thing.

No idea why.. My dad was exactly opposite !

So while making one is the obvious answer for most folk, I honestly believe that if I attempt this I will end up having to scrap the van !!!! :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ahhh !! Well that would be a 70 mile round trip then !!

That £4.00 is a little more attractive LOL !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Viking direct or office depot have them if you have an account delivery is free if not it's free with a £35.00 order.

Failing that look at their catalogue see what you need let me know and I will add it to my order, (weekly) and I can bring it to western motorhome show or shepton mallet if you are going to either of these, and I won't be paying catalogue price either.

Just a thought if this helps.

Rick

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Sell stuff like that in the £1 shops round here! Or Home Bargains, which between em have more or less replaced Woolies.

Apr 19, 2009
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Why not try half of a round plastic bird nut feeder.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
short length of plastic guttering and two stopends. plus brackets to fix to the wall. Skip rescue job

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Wellll.. Mo and I have been looking in places like Poundland and other similar shops for about 8 weeks now and have not found anything really usable :Sad:

Rick, appreciate the offer but sadly we are heading in the opposite direction ( as in Germany::bigsmile: ) next week so will not be attending either

I will keep on looking and maybe if I have cause to head towards Cambridge I could pop in to Staples and collect one :thumb:

ShirlAndy.. Good idea but are they not round ? I will pop over to Focus and take a gander at what they have to offer :thumb:

BobProperty

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
Give me a chunk of metal and I will make whatever you want.. I can work on rare metals including gold and platinum,, I can work most grades of stainless ( the REAL good stuff is a bit tough for my lathes ), and all the normal stuff like mild steel, copper etc..
I can weld, cut, abrade, cast, turn and mill.. I can chisel out a woodruff slot, file a key for it, easy as pie

But............... but !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me ANY kinda wood and all I will make out of it is a nasty pile of shavings and the odd matchstick looking thing.

No idea why.. My dad was exactly opposite !

So while making one is the obvious answer for most folk, I honestly believe that if I attempt this I will end up having to scrap the van !!!! :ROFLMAO:
Can't you just fold one up out of alloy or aluminium then?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi John try glueing a couple of bits of plastic angle together (superglue )If not try thinking out of the box :ROFLMAO: kids pencil box ? domino box ? What about a blue peter job with cardboard and sticky vinyl ?
terry
ps a bit of plastic cable duct ? trunking

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Try thinking 'outside the box' :roflmto:

You might find a basket containing candles or cosmetics and then you can wrap the contents and give them someone for Christmas.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Knitting needle box?

No - got it!!!! Cling Film in a re-usable plastic box, brand name Benedetti, bought it in Tesco's for a couple of squid. Has a useless 'tearer' on it for cling wrap, so I have foil in mine! But anyway, can easily remove bits you don't want with a Stanley knife.

6cm square section, 40cm long.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi we use one of those plastic boxes you get from the chinese takeaway :thumb:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sedge has it I reckon !!!!

The cjinky grub boxes are way to big I am afraid.... Only need to be a max of 2.5" so Sedge peeps you take the prize methinks !!

Gonna nip down there right now and see what they have :thumb:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
OOh 'eck, hope Thetford branch of Tesco's sells em .......

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Nope ! And neither did Sainsburys or Aldi or anywhere else ! DOH !!

Re folding ally.. Could do but unless I tig it up and get it powder coated I reckon it might look a bit... well a bit like some 14 gauge ally sheet folded up ! ( if you see what I mean LOL !! )

Quite like the idea of the angle glued together.. If all else fails that will proly be the next plan

Oh, one thing that came out of it was that I found a radio control clock in Aldi's for £7.50 !
Well pleased :thumb:

Mixter

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Now a year - cant believe it!
After reading the OP's post i decided i could also do with a 'small box' for pens/pencils in the 'van.
Ive come up with a short section of 2" mini-trunking, stuck upright in the corner of one of the high shelves. It looks very much the part, and does the job a treat. It doesnt need a lid, and theres no chance of the contents 'jumping' out whilst on the move. :Smile: Cost - zero, as i had it spare in the garage.

BobProperty

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
Re folding ally.. Could do but unless I tig it up and get it powder coated I reckon it might look a bit... well a bit like some 14 gauge ally sheet folded up ! ( if you see what I mean LOL !! )
Form follows function.
:restmycase:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Went in Home Bargains in Bedworth today (in the vain hope they might have a kettle LOL) but anyway, they have the cling film in the re-useable plastic boxes there, it's "Baco" brand (as in "Baco" foil) and costs £2.29 .......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back