LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
back in the 50s or 60s there was a french version about. not seen one for years but a very good idea

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
back in the 50s or 60s there was a french version about. not seen one for years but a very good idea

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Correct,my elderly French neighbour offered me one for free years ago.
Maybe it was called a Carcraft.Just back the car onto it and it locked into a kind of roof rack.
Was fascinated till I looked inside,he had kept his chickens in it for years so I politely declined.:eek:

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I hope the roofrack towbar is well secured to the gutters. Some years ago I was behind a Beetle on a motorway and the roof rack with an inflatable dinghy slid slowly backwards and dropped into my path spraying oars, anchor, rope, pump, bottom boards and a host of other miscellaneous items onto the carriageway. The dinghy bounced up over my car and the following car swerved but ran into the dinghy and up the embankment. I could see in my mirror that cars behind were ducking and diving to avoid the stuff going off in all directions. Luckily no collisions but very scary and I've since been very wary of Beetles with racks on their rounded roofs and bike racks on hatchback rear doors.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
The French version wasn't articulated. The trailer axle was much nearer the car and it attached to both the roof and a conventional towbar. What were now twin rear axles were close enough, IMO, for scrub to be a problem.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........Now, I will probably get shot down in flames for this, but............Examined a few modern 5th wheel vans over the last couple of years, and the build quality seems very poor compared to the older ones........Like.........'woody' and 'tinny'........Or is this me??

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Some are nice to look at. But tend to fall apart quite a bit. Helped fit back bits that had come loose. But I would still like one. But the boss said no. Will not fit on drive.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back