f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
Push start Reg Walker on a Vincent outfit Castle Combe. Engine fired reg went off I was left face down on the track. well that's my claim to fame:rolleyes:

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Sidecar outfits, designed by the Devil.

I was asked, long ago, to deliver a sidecar outfit. OK, get on, kick the Triumph 650 into life, gear, go --- straight up a grass bank. Pulled it out of the hedge and much less go next time. I did drive/ride it right through Manchester and sort of got the hang of it before handing it over.

So what it must be like to get on a racing outfit for the first time I cannot imagine.

My very first motorbike was an BSA A7 - with a sidecar bought for £15, you could ride them with a provisional licence in them days.
I always intended taking of the sidecar when I got to be a big lad:Smile:, at 17 I was the typical Herbert - young / dumb / and full of ****:Eeek:
I road it home the 10 miles and had much the same experience - I never road it again:swear2: - they were lethal. I sold the sidecar for £8

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I had an 1959 Ariel Square Four Mk2 with a Watsonian single seat sidecar in matching maroon, (AEX 355) bought from Geoff Priest Motorcycles in Norwich, no instruction or anything, just get on with it, I had some near misses , but eventually got the hang of driving it, wish I could afford one now, sold mine for £65 around 1969, lucky to get that as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I'll bet its still around, nobody would scrap a thing like that.
Designed by Edward Turner when he was a lad and well before he became famous for Triumphs.

Ariel Square Four 58.JPG

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
15.03.2016| Author: Mark Walters| BSB Support Classes
A19C9313.JPG

Wallker is getting the hang of it, according passenger Pilmoor-Brady Picture: Mark Walters
Former MCE British Superbike star Chris Walker has started the next chapter in his career for 2016, racing a sidecar under the Santander Salt/L&W Contractors banner and has begun testing at the Val De Vienne in France.

Walker, with passenger Jed Pimoor-Brady, first took their LCR Kawasaki on track yesterday; with sunny conditions it was just perfect for the rookie driver. The track is quite tight and technical, so ideal to get to grips with the sidecar.

With the testing sessions consisting of 30 minutes it is ideal for good track time and good time in the paddock for adjusting the machine for Chris and Jed.

“I was really nervous about going out on track at first, but really looking forward to it, it was a totally new challenge for me. The thing that I find hard is that the racing line is so different to racing a solo bike, but every time I am out on track it is getting better. Also the braking on these machines is awesome; they stop so fast when you really stand on the brake pedal,” said Walker.

“I still have a lot to learn but I am getting there, another thing I don’t seem to be getting right at the moment is, I am sitting to high in the machine, trying to steer the bike like I would a solo, instead of relaxing on my arms and steering that way. But hey it is early days and I am really enjoying it. And the help and advice I am getting is great, Jed is doing a great job and helping me out loads.”

Passenger Brady added: “Things are going great, Chris is doing a great job considering he has never driven a sidecar before, I am really looking forward to the season.”

ME071558.JPG

Picture: Mark Walters
ME071638.JPG

Picture: Mark Walters
- See more at: http://www.bikesportnews.com/news/n...s-sidecar-test-in-france#sthash.2rLLNunP.dpuf

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Smashing looking outfit,looks like he needs some sponsors though!!
Sunshine there too,bloody raining in Portugal,always in the wrong place me grrr.

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Jed Pilmoor Brady no longer on with Walker the Stalker. I dont know the details yet!!! Gutted for the lad (n) Sounds more of a management decision.

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Chris "Stalker" Walker
What a weekend!!! Fantastic start to our three wheeled campaign with a 6th place first time out in the awesome looking Santander Salt ZX10 engined LCR1000...!! A true Team effort and huge thanks to all the Team and especially our spanner man John Cable, the bike never missed a beat all weekendAlthough I'm under no illusion just how hard this result will be to repeat and even more so how hard it will be to find the remaining seconds missing to really challenge but that said it genuinely was one of the best feelings ever crossing that finish line with partner in crime Ashley Hawes in the Sidecar for the very first time... Ash and I only met each other on the Saturday but gelled instantly and started that bonding process only sidecar crews can share... For Ash to put his faith in me from the very 1st lap like he did is something hard to comprehend, especially knowing his pedigree (2012 World Champion) and my lack of it!!! His only complaint all weekend was the arm ache from all the waving!!The support we experienced was unbelievable and truly humbling, we had the lead crews from our team Peachy and Gary talking us through it, the Birchall Brothers working on the steering till 10 at night, tips from World Chamionship leader Tim Reeves, Shakey, Cooper, Hickman and the Boys all cheering us on from the Pit Wall, more marshals cheering every lap than in 2000 when Hodgson fell off!!! Not to mention the crowd who braved the elements each day to wave and urge us on... Absolutely amazing and Thank You‪#‎oldbutgold‬ #9
Can't wait for Brands!!!

British Superbike Championship Rst-moto Motul Ma

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
@Enword
Great review from the Stalker thanks(y)
We watched it and were in the sidecar with him great to see so many stay to watch. He can only be good for the sport.

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Chris "Stalker" Walker
What a weekend!!! The British Superbike Championship never fails to disappoint and with two awesome Sidecar Races plus yet another new 2016 winner in Shakey in
Race 2 and Ellison just missing out it in Race 1 to Haslam plus the icing on the cake having Richard Cooper back on the podium it was best of the season so far I also had my first taste of "real" Sidecar action with a great P7 in Qualifying and breaking deep into the 49 second barrier (the Holy Grail in F1 sidecar lap times round Brands Indy) Then I had my first collision, my first spin and my first real action packed races dicing the whole race for position. Great for the learning curve and still managed a Top Ten out of it... Sunday saw the Sidecar Race slap between the two Superbike Races and the crowd was huge, lots of waving and cheering for all of us and the Sport in general can only benefit from such a great response. The Drivers at the front are truly awesome just like in the Superbike class plus then there's the Man hanging on in the chair on the side making it Steer, Slide, Grip and not Tip. Legends... Every last one of em!!! And my Passenger Ashley Hawes is truly incredible. Roll on Knockhill we're comingRKB F1 SidecarsiMotulsiArai Helmet Rst-motost-moto

LikeShow More Reactions
CommentShare

13221456_1139034599490694_7040412300909471451_n.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back