Wales (1 Viewer)

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
I'm informed that we are off to Wales in the spring for a week or so! Would anyone like to recommend any sites in the South west? First stop is Abergavenny where I'm thinking of Wernddu Golf Club.
Ideally like sites with good walking, views & ideally bus routes. Thanks :)

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Go to the Motorhome parking Area in Burry Port, right on the coastal path in the Millennium Coastal Park, great for walking, buses and railway nearby and all the facilities of a small town.
IMG_20161023_115634.jpg

Do a search for Burry Port on Fun and you should find plenty of Posts.
Cheers
Ed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
simbadog
Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Go to the Motorhome parking Area in Burry Port, right on the coastal path in the Millennium Coastal Park, great for walking, buses and railway nearby and all the facilities of a small town.View attachment 140436
Do a search for Burry Port on Fun and you should find plenty of Posts.
Cheers
Ed

Bit of a long walk to the coastal path! ;)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
If you're considering Pembrokeshire and the coastal path, and you can manage without EHU I'd suggest the Newgale campsite which is right next to the beach, and to a bus stop for coastal bus services. Its main advantage is its relatively central location, ease of access from the A487 Haverfordwest Road and its low price (£16 a night for two, or £80 for a week), whereas other sites can be a bit out on a limb or stuck down narrow lanes. Newgale have a limited number of EHUs but they're expensive. There's another site up on the hill overlooking the bay but we haven't tried it.

As alternatives there's Caerfi Bay near St David's, on the cliff top, and there used to be a small site at Marloes although I'm not sure if that's still open.

OP
OP
simbadog
Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
If you're considering Pembrokeshire and the coastal path, and you can manage without EHU I'd suggest the Newgale campsite which is right next to the beach, and to a bus stop for coastal bus services. Its main advantage is its relatively central location, ease of access from the A487 Haverfordwest Road and its low price (£16 a night for two, or £80 for a week), whereas other sites can be a bit out on a limb or stuck down narrow lanes. Newgale have a limited number of EHUs but they're expensive. There's another site up on the hill overlooking the bay but we haven't tried it.

As alternatives there's Caerfi Bay near St David's, on the cliff top, and there used to be a small site at Marloes although I'm not sure if that's still open.

Excellent :cooler:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Don't forget to have your yellow medic card up to date, and stamped, proving you 've had all your injections.
It's either @ShiftZZ or @Chris, one of them runs this Interpreting
Service just in case your English is not up to Welsh standards.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Don't forget to have your yellow medic card up to date, and stamped, proving you 've had all your injections.
It's either @ShiftZZ or @Chris, one of them runs this Interpreting
Service just in case your English is not up to Welsh standards.

I can't speak Welsh Rangi.

I struggle with English, innit.

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
go onto UK CAMPSITES they have loads of places hope this helps ray xx lol still lol it rains in WALES some times :pinocchio:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
And only rains between the heavy showers .so not too bad . Lol
That's definitely more accurate.
Last time we were there, it only rained twice. Once for 3 days and once for 4 days. Thank goodness it didn't rain all week

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09

And if there is a swell some of the cleanest waves in the uk

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
And if there is a swell some of the cleanest waves in the uk

Ssshhhhh!

No, actually it isn't exactly a secret spot is it? I've dipped my fin there on previous trips. Plenty for everyone.

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001

We fancied that site but they didn't take dogs, so we stayed at the campsite a bit further up the hill with great views and a good starting point for coast walks

Andy

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Ah!!. The land of Strange Blokes, who wear "wode", play Rugby (Sort of) in Red Shirts and Like sheep?:D:rolleyes::rolleyes: (Granddads "tin Hat" to hand)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back