Wales in September. (1 Viewer)

Ed Earl

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2010
Funster No
Heck Darrell we really are in your neck of the woods, we are past Mach now and staying at Furness (Strange name) for the night, there is a really stunning RSBP nature reserve here Ynys-hir and we have spent the morning there. This afternoon we had a look around the Furness and huge water wheel and waterfall where this place gets its name from

I have had to log on Eddie's avatar as I can't get any internet

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
you most certainly are - Im a born and bred Sir Feirionnydd lad(y), and Mum and Dad are still living there

Spring watch did one of its series from Ynys-hir...beautiful place, haven't been for many years...will have to put it on the ever growing re-todo list.

Center for alternative technology on the way out of Mach towards Corris is worth a look as well, some great ideas for Motorhomes in there I imagine (did a college placement there before i Joined the navy - designed and built a electronic Medical Fridge Control unit for use on a project in Africa) and even though I hate the damned win turbines...i worked on the first one that was put up there in the mid 80's

Corris Craft centre is worth a wander around as well...especially the Candle maker (I was at school with him) he does some really clever stuff, his Mum and Dad run the leather work shop there too

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
image.jpg
That's it this trip has ended and we are safely back home in our part of North Wales, not what we planned but with a motorhome plans are only ideas.

We left Furness only a few miles down the road on Sunday Morning and came across a large car boot and market, in a really pretty setting we pulled in and were directed to part just for Motorhomes, great the Sun was Shining so after a wander around and Ed picking up a new water hose with lots of different fittings brand new for £5 we set our table out and had dinner .

From there we moved on to Borth, where we parked up next to the sea and were assured by locals that we were safe to stay the night. All be it that there were huge sea defences been made on the sea front, and trees from a petrified Forrest were being dug out of the sea, not the view or what we expected but for one night really interesting and friendly local folk. Once the work is completed it will be a nice place to visit again.
image.jpg

image.jpg

From there we took our selves to Aberystwyth , guessing it would be hard to park by the castle we found a large car park £3.50p for the day, again we were told it would be alright to stay there overnight if we wanted, we had the afternoon look around the town which was very lively with all sorts of different shops and a good long sea front.

We decided not to stay on the car park overnight but took ourselves off by the Marina overlooking the sea, it was much quiter there with no passing traffic like the vans parked by the castle.

We then settled down for the evening curtains closed all cosey when we heard all strange goings on out side the van, so opening the curtains we found our selves in the very middle of a film set, big lights long furry things, a canteen and about 30 people. Now being of a inquisitive (nosey) nature naturally went out to see what was going on, and was told they were filming a episode of Hinterland, I asked should we move but they said no , I asked was any one well known filming and we were introduced to the Main Actor Richard Harrington, who has been in Bleak House and Lark Rise to Candleford, next thing he was in the Hymer really curious Ed showed his the bits and bobs then he is in the driving seat asking all sorts of questions lovely man. Over 20 minutes later the director brings Ed and I Hot Dogs in and tells us to help our selves from the canteen and takes Richard off for some filming but not before he had taken a selfie of him and me on my camera. Not quite the quite night we were going to have.

We have really enjoyed our Weeks the most we paid was £13 a night, and on that got given Home made chutney Home made Jam and a large bag of cooking apples , the weather has been really kind to us , and the people very friendly , a different but very good holiday.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
are they actually digging out the forest remains...as in removing them completely????

Id thought they were protected!!

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
are they actually digging out the forest remains...as in removing them completely????

Id thought they were protected!!

They are digging huge trenches in the sea lining them with stones and they are digging the trees up while digging the trenches, there was a archeologist on site., apparently the part they have done saved flooding last winter so hopefully it will be worth it.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I spent a lot of my life in Borth about 20 years ago.

Bass fishing off the rocks around the point on the left of the beach.

Brings back good memories, thanks Carol(y)

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
We then settled down for the evening curtains closed all cosey when we heard all strange goings on out side the van, so opening the curtains we found our selves in the very middle of a film set, big lights long furry things, a canteen and about 30 people. Now being of a inquisitive (nosey) nature naturally went out to see what was going on, and was told they were filming a episode of Hinterland...

I read a couple of days ago that they're currently filming a one-off Hinterland for New Year's Day (S4C only), so that's probably what you found yourself in the middle of. I'll have to remember to set the recorder and see if I can spot your motorhome (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back