Wait is almost over (1 Viewer)

Nov 4, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2011
It's been 5 long months but our new Pilote is almost ready. True to their word it was built week 10 and delivered to the dealer last Friday. Dealer options now being fitted...Insurance sorted. Handover booked for Tuesday 29th. Really can't wait. I am racking the brain now trying to note down everything I need to check/ask during the handover. We had our Avondale for nearly 5 years but that was no where near as technical/modern as the new van. I am sure something will be forgotten. The learning will all be part of the fun.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Exciting times ahead. :dance2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Arzedby
Nov 4, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2011
It's a P650C. We have bought it from Davans at Weston Super Mare.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
It's a P650C. We have bought it from Davans at Weston Super Mare.

Hiya! exciting time - we were 'you' in 2013.

LOL at Davans!! We bought our P716 from Hayes at the October show a couple of years ago. We were onto the which upholstery? question when Bill Hayes picked up the sample book from a table across the gangway which we looked at, I was umming aahing over two when Bill said, No rush, it won't be actually ordered til after the show, so take the book home and ring us when you decide, if you want. 3 gosmacked people gazed up at him, standing by the side of where we were sat with the salesman, Lee. He said, exceedingly doubtfully 'Err, are you SURE about that Bill?'

OOh yes! says Bill as quick as a flash he flips the book over onto it's back where the legend 'Davan Motorhomes' was clearly written in large letters!!

If you get half as good service from them as we've had from Hayes - and our van - you'll be well satisfied.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
How exciting ! Enjoy your new van when you pick it up!

OP
OP
Arzedby
Nov 4, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2011
Didn't want to make to many plans until we were certain it was going to turn up. Nothing major planned in the first month or so. Will probably have a few weekends away giving it a shakedown. I am sure that will include the New Forest as we do like it there. We have a 3 week jaunt to France planned in August/September, including a week with the whole family in the Dordogne. Really looking forward to that. We will have our pitch next to the river and everyone else will be in a large garden Apartment just next door. I know we will have a great time...especially as the new van speaks the language.:giggle:

OP
OP
Arzedby
Nov 4, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2011
Well, now we have it. All shiny and new. :dance2:
Handover was pretty good in the main. We found a defective water filler cap which was replaced and a small scratch on side of lounge seat. Not really noticeably but when you know its there...:frowny:
Aside from that we are very happy with what we now have on the drive.
Supremely impressed with the heating system, probably not better than most these days but compared to what we had in the Avondale, a big leap forward. The whole van was warm as toast in a matter of minutes. :hot:
Away for a couple of nights this weekend for a shakedown. Not going far but we are really looking forward to it, having been without a van for 5 months.
Let the adventures continue...:cool:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
It's been 5 long months but our new Pilote is almost ready. True to their word it was built week 10 and delivered to the dealer last Friday. Dealer options now being fitted...Insurance sorted. Handover booked for Tuesday 29th. Really can't wait. I am racking the brain now trying to note down everything I need to check/ask during the handover. We had our Avondale for nearly 5 years but that was no where near as technical/modern as the new van. I am sure something will be forgotten. The learning will all be part of the fun.

Glad to hear you've got your new van and are pleased with it. (y)

We also ordered in October and ours isn't due for delivery until the end of May (it's a Rapido PVC and not due to be converted until the beginning of May!).

And like you, we've been missing our previous van for the last five months - but generally don't use it much through the middle of winter, so it was our choice to let it go.

Hope all goes well.

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Well, now we have it. All shiny and new. :dance2:
Handover was pretty good in the main. We found a defective water filler cap which was replaced and a small scratch on side of lounge seat. Not really noticeably but when you know its there...:frowny:
Aside from that we are very happy with what we now have on the drive.
Supremely impressed with the heating system, probably not better than most these days but compared to what we had in the Avondale, a big leap forward. The whole van was warm as toast in a matter of minutes. :hot:
Away for a couple of nights this weekend for a shakedown. Not going far but we are really looking forward to it, having been without a van for 5 months.
Let the adventures continue...:cool:

:smiley:. Can't imagine waiting 5 months, 3 weeks was tough for us ::bigsmile: Hope you enjoy many happy travels in your new van :smiley:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back