Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Just a day after Christmas and my foot pump went bang, snap and gave up the ghost - I've had that foot pump for about 20 years and now it's dead.

I like to keep my MH tyres spot on 80psi and check them with a reliable gauge, so only used the foot pump for topping up - save going anywhere to pump up and getting all in the way. I could go and buy another foot pump, but before I do that what alternatives does anyone use - I'm not talking about inflating from zero to 80psi, just for keeping them topped up.

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

Last edited:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
In my experience the electric pumps have a habit of failing just when they are needed most. I suggest you get what is called a track bike pump. Not necessarily this particular model but this sort of thing. Get a good one, some are double acting and/or with twin cylinders and it will be better quality than a typical car foot pump. They are not for inflating a flat tyre but are excellent for topping up. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/topeak-joe-...m_medium=base&utm_campaign=uk&kpid=5360093202

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I have a Joe Blow pump. As you say for topping up, great. I also use mine for the rear air bags, i can get a more accurate reading, and it's a darn site easier to top up than the small compressor i have.

Craig

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Last edited:
OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Whayhay,,,,,, never thought of my JoeBlow Sport - used for some years pumping up my bike tyres, never thought to use it for the MH.
:Smile:
Cheers,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
In my experience the electric pumps have a habit of failing just when they are needed most. I suggest you get what is called a track bike pump. Not necessarily this particular model but this sort of thing. Get a good one, some are double acting and/or with twin cylinders and it will be better quality than a typical car foot pump. They are not for inflating a flat tyre but are excellent for topping up. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/topeak-joe-...m_medium=base&utm_campaign=uk&kpid=5360093202

Woah !!!!!! Those are for fit people....not fat people. :roflmto:.

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
However, this does remind me of when I got my JoeBlow Pump now.

Several years ago my dear Wife asked me what I want for Christmas, and where from....................

Needless to say the lads in Somerset Cycles will never forget that day and it took them until the New Year to get over it...........
:roflmto:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:roflmto::roflmto:

indeed John.. but ..

track pumps also offer an upper body workout along with the aerobic benefit. :winky:

Nice to hear from you Jim ::bigsmile: hope you had a good xmas and have a good new year :thumb:
terry
BTW got the first 12v comp, the Aldi one (both in van)and a 3hp one in garage :winky:I waited for the Aldi one to drop to 25 quid from 69 :winky:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back