Wacked with a golf ball (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Stopped of at Mijas at the aire in the centre was sat in the van and an almighty bang and we were hit with a golf ball,so now have a nice dent in the hab door
So watch where you park up, we thought we were out the way

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Golfers should be insured so go to the club house and make a claim!

OP
OP
abforfun
Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
We should hav done but we looked all over the van and could not find a dent
We found the dent 3 days later,we had had a look all over with the door opened
What bloody wallies

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I was on a rally near andover with friends suddenly there was a loud bang and a thud. went outside and the side of their caravan had several small dents. a farmer in the next field was shooting vermin and part of his shot went through the hedge into a normally empty field

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Stopped of at Mijas at the aire in the centre was sat in the van and an almighty bang and we were hit with a golf ball,so now have a nice dent in the hab door
So watch where you park up, we thought we were out the way

Maybe you mean Cala Mijas rather than Mijas?
(On the rough ground just inland of the main road, with the golf course right behind where you park up, and where they have the street market twice a week)

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
I used to mow the grass on a golf course many moons ago and always found dozens of golf balls. Sometimes when I was feeling mischievous (apologies to golfers on here) I used to hide after tossing two or three additional golf balls on to the green before the golfers arrived across the course to play their shots and had a giggle as they scratched their heads trying to understand whose ball was whose and where did they come from...:whistle:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I used to mow the grass on a golf course many moons ago and always found dozens of golf balls. Sometimes when I was feeling mischievous (apologies to golfers on here) I used to hide after tossing two or three additional golf balls on to the green before the golfers arrived across the course to play their shots and had a giggle as they scratched their heads trying to understand whose ball was whose and where did they come from...:whistle:
we did the same at the posh course in town. also collected buckets full of balls there and sold them at the council course for pocket money

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Grandson had someone put a dent in his car, was pulled out by a mobile dent chap and you couldn't see anything at all by the time he had finished.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Grandson had someone put a dent in his car, was pulled out by a mobile dent chap and you couldn't see anything at all by the time he had finished.
easy on a steel cab panel but not so east with a composite motorhome panel. the op was lucky in a way, it could of smashed a plastic window

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Golfers should be insured so go to the club house and make a claim!

Most memberships include a liability insurance, so as you said the op should report it to the club.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Golf balls are distinctly dodgy thing a friend was landing a Cessna 150A , with a student on board, at Hucknall airfield.
A golfer skied the ball it hit the propellor and came straight back through the screen between their heads and smashed throught alloy back bulkhead. had it been a newer one it would have gone out the back screen taking that as well. They thought they had been hit by a A A shell.

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
As a golfer, of sorts, I wouldn't park my van within 500 yards of a golf course! Strange things happen, it's not like the professionals on the TV!
All golf clubs would be insured for these situations.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
However, that is an accident I'm sure but the little scroats in Folkestone threw an egg at our Moho. If it could be classed as fortunate, it was because it missed the drivers window (as I was driving) by less than an inch and the side window by around 2". So no glass broken but the egg damaged the paintwork and it was ovoid marked till I got it repainted. It could have been so expensive if it had hit me and I'd lost control. Glad to know that the better class of society lives in the South East

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
However, that is an accident I'm sure but the little scroats in Folkestone threw an egg at our Moho.
Have heard of this as a ploy to get MoHos to stop and then occupants are mugged by a gang. Reflex action is to use the windscreen wipers to clear the egg. Don't! This smears the screen so badly that you have to stop.

@abforfun, sorry to hear of the damage to your MoHo.

Reactions: DBK

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Have heard of this as a ploy to get MoHos to stop and then occupants are mugged by a gang. Reflex action is to use the windscreen wipers to clear the egg. Don't! This smears the screen so badly that you have to stop.

@abforfun, sorry to hear of the damage to your MoHo.
Strangely enough, I had hears that and yes, don't use the window wipers.
I actually saw the lovely fontenroys, about 13 years old.
It's probably me. I got an egg thrown at me stood outside a restaurant in Falkirk. As it goes, I saw the car and lo and behold, next day parked in a very discrete place. Wonder if he carried 3 spare tyres?

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We stayed at that aire in Mijas. Sounds like we had a lucky escape?

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Twice I have been golf balled once when I was picking up my new caravan from the dealers it had a nice round hole in the back window , and the other time was on my way home from work in heavy traffic ,stopped At traffic lights when a youth 15 yards away on a grassed area decided to take a swing with a driver the ball hit my windscreen wiper arm and I watched It spinning around in the scuttle for at least 30 seconds if I could have gotten the ball I would have fired it back at him

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
We live on the edge of a golf field, in fact we have to cross the 2nd & 13th fairways to get to our house.
I know where to watch for golfer but still acquired a nice dent in my Volvo bonnet by a stealth golfer performing a chip shot out of the trees....up high and down on my bonnet.
One thing I have noticed, they are oblivious to there surroundings when taking a swing seeing only their golf bat, ball and the assumed landing point.
I've been within yards of them on the lane with the diesel running yet they don't know you're there until they've taken their shot then jump out the way, surprised, when they do.
Dangerous game, golf.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
A friend of Shirl's had a bit of fun one night.
He bought some cheap potted plants, dropping one in the hole on each green.
I'm sure the green keeper saw the funny side next morning when he did his round putting the flags out.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Used to travel most days along a road in the Hong Kong New Territories that would pass through the centre of a golf course, there were fairways either side of the road. Along the road were quite a few large signs saying "Beware Golf Balls" Always tickled me, what were you supposed to do? Speed up? Slow down? And, if you were hit would they say "Didn't you see the signs? " :doh: :D

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
On his seventh birthday, Our Little 'un whacked a golfball right over the bungalow from the back garden to the front, and straight through the back windscreen of my car. He came running in and shouted that two men had run into the garden and smashed the windscreen of the car - Cliff went racing out with a murderous look on his face - thank goodness there were no men walking down the road at the time....... I spent the next 5 years picking bits of glass out of the boot, but we never found the ball....

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Used to travel most days along a road in the Hong Kong New Territories that would pass through the centre of a golf course, there were fairways either side of the road. Along the road were quite a few large signs saying "Beware Golf Balls" Always tickled me, what were you supposed to do? Speed up? Slow down? And, if you were hit would they say "Didn't you see the signs? " :doh: :D
We have those too at the side of the lane....beware..golf in progress.
Nothing on the their grass saying ...beware...cars crossing.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

Open the windows and listen for 'Fore !' - or rather the abscence thereof;) Still no guaran-tee:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back