VW T4 Value

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by gahughes, Jun 13, 2013.

1. gahughes

gahughes Read Only Funster

I am about to advertise my T4 for sale. Looking at other adverts, values of these seem to fluctuate pretty wildly, so interested in getting any ideas people may have.

It is a 1995 VW T4, 1.9D (non turbo) with 89k on the clock, 11 months MOT. Red/Maroon in colour. Good mechanical and body condition. Leisuredrive conversion with sink, two burner stove, wardrobe, storage cupboards etc. Rock and roll 2 berth. Elevating roof, although no beds in it. Only one window in the back (in sliding door) to keep it discrete for rough camping.

Any ideas?

2. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

As you say the price of T4s fluctuates enormously. A T4 from a recognised builder such as Westfalia, Remo or Carthargo will make much more than a home build. The problem seems to be that there are so many companies building interiors that can be put into what was once a builders van and calling them a Westfalia. I have a VW T4 Dehler that I imported last week which is now in the paint shop for refurbishing. When its done it will be one of a handfull in the UK and hopefully make strong money. Not all VWs are worth a lot of money as a look around the bay should tell you. This is the one I imported just before leaving Hanover.

Attached Files:

3. wivvy's dad

wivvy's dad Read Only Funster

To the OP, I would have thought you'd struggle to get more than £5-6k

4. Whatton

Whatton Read Only Funster

Attached Files:

5. Terry

Terry Funster

VWs values always make me wonder :BigGrin:I don't think Wifes dads estimate will be far off the mark (maybe even a bit high) but they never fail to amaze me especialy the older bay and splits --after owning a bay I have never shared the apeal :BigGrin: My view is they are a bag of S--t but then again I have never liked them,or beatles :BigGrin:
    terry

6. Merle

Merle Funster

C'mon guys, you are showing your age:Smile: The dubs that make the best money are those aimed at the surf scene, day vans with sleeping ability rather than full blown campers. I'm told by my son (who has converted two of them) it's all about street cred for the best money. Me? I'm old....I like comfort for my dosh:RollEyes: