vw problem (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
20170416_104952.jpg Spotted this van in Devon today. Anybody
Know of this problem, obviously a very unhappy owner.

Spongy

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
VW dont appear to be able to engineer anything properly at the moment

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
I was once pulled over by Mr Plod for having a sign in my back window. It was just after Fred West had hanged himself - it read: Will Someone Please Give Rosemary A Rope.

I had to take it down before he'd let me drive on.

(Sorry - just a tad off topic)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Surely lots of diesel engines use a fair bit of oil? Isn't it why they're nicknamed oil burners??
My current Golf uses around a litre each month, my last one hardly used any.
I run two Vivaro, one burns oil, one doesn't.
Our 2015 Mercedes Citan (same as Renault Kangoo) uses at least a litre per month, been like it since new...
Of all the possible Volkswagen problems, burning oil seems an odd one to get cross about!

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Surely lots of diesel engines use a fair bit of oil? Isn't it why they're nicknamed oil burners??
Our 2015 Mercedes Citan (same as Renault Kangoo) uses at least a litre per month, been like it since new...
Of all the possible Volkswagen problems, burning oil seems an odd one to get cross about!
The days when that was acceptable are long gone - it's a sign of either poor design or poor quality control. I don't hold up my Fiat 2.8JTD as superior to anything in particular but it uses minimal oil between annual changes. The 2.5TD in my last MH was the same. It is a very long time since I had to top up any engine between oil changes. Incidentally Diesel engines are called 'oil burners' because their fuel is referred to as Diesel oil.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
View attachment 157778 Spotted this van in Devon today. Anybody
Know of this problem, obviously a very unhappy owner.

Spongy
Piston ring problems I believe. use 1 lire every 500miles.
VW try to convince people 'it is normal' .:LOL: One bloke on the VW forum wanted a new engine ( Vehicle still under warranty) but VW would only change the rings on the one cylinder. Audi cars had the same problem
If they use oil they have a problem& no ,they are called oil burners as diesel is oil.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
My friend had an Audi 5 cylinder petrol car that did 500 miles per litre of oil, that was from new, it said that was correct in the handbook, I do not think it should have been sold for pollution reasons .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back