Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
VW Gatcombe
Exp
Hi one and all!

I've just bought a VW Gatcombe, 4 berth, two of which are above the front of the vehicle...as you all know.

What I want to know, for sure...because I dont want to damage my new baby.....is, can adults sleep up there or is it just for children??? especially for MY make of vehicle???

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
What I want to know, for sure...because I dont want to damage my new baby.....is, can adults sleep up there or is it just for children??? especially for MY make of vehicle???[/QUOTE]
We had an Autosleeper Executive, also had a Talisman both had beds above drivers seat, they are supposed to sleep adults, although we never have as not a lot of room and prefered making the double bed up, they usually have nets so you dont fall out.

We got fed up making the bed up so now have a Hymer with a pull down bed, much better.

OP
OP
B

boogie

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
VW Gatcombe
Exp
What I want to know, for sure...because I dont want to damage my new baby.....is, can adults sleep up there or is it just for children??? especially for MY make of vehicle???
We had an Autosleeper Executive, also had a Talisman both had beds above drivers seat, they are supposed to sleep adults, although we never have as not a lot of room and prefered making the double bed up, they usually have nets so you dont fall out.

We got fed up making the bed up so now have a Hymer with a pull down bed, much better.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for taking the trouble to respond!! thanks!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi

We had a Talisman and if we could not be bothered to make the double bed, I used to sleep above the cab but would not think there would be room for two to sleep in comfort.

OP
OP
B

boogie

Free Member
Nov 19, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
VW Gatcombe
Exp
Hi

We had a Talisman and if we could not be bothered to make the double bed, I used to sleep above the cab but would not think there would be room for two to sleep in comfort.

No, you're right there I'm sure........its just a thought. Is a Talisman similar to a VW Gatcombe then??

Johno

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
Kent
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
30+ with caravanning & camping
Hi Boogie

I've had a couple of Autosleepers and personally found the overcab bed a bit too confined for comfort so I make up the settee bed, takes about two or three minutes so it's no big deal, unless you are fulltiming when it can get to be a bit of a chore I imagine.
I always used the overcab area as storage for the bedding and light bulky stuff.

If you log on to the Autosleeper Owners Forum (ASOF) you may well find more positive feedback to your questions regarding your Autosleeper Motorhome.::bigsmile:

Cheers John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back