Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
Ok, second question re electrical. When I am hook-up, and i push the battery button on the sargent panel that lets me run the hab area from engine battery in an emergency, the panel says that the engine battery is now being charged, as the hab batteries were.
Now replace the hook-up with solar power, would the same apply?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
yes basically, but if you fit a top up relay similar to the battery master, you can charge both without switching over. the panels or charger top up the leisure battery first. once its full the charge goes to the van battery. cheapest version is about £25 and only 3 wires to fit

OP
OP
Emmenay

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
yes basically, but if you fit a top up relay similar to the battery master, you can charge both without switching over. the panels or charger top up the leisure battery first. once its full the charge goes to the van battery. cheapest version is about £25 and only 3 wires to fit
That was the answer i was hoping for, when I get back to the Uk I will probably go for the battery master or similar but for now it will be a push of a button every now and then :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
First check what PSU model you have..
Some of the later one's like EC325 onwards have solar regulators built in, all you need is a panel and a connecting lead... Depending on the version it will either charge the battery that you must select to charge or like on the EC500 it has smart charge and will do it automatically...

OP
OP
Emmenay

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
Some of the later one's like EC325 onwards have solar regulators built in, all you need is a panel and a connecting lead... Depending on the version it will either charge the battery that you must select to charge or like on the EC500 it has smart charge and will do it automatically...

From memory I think its a something something 200 (does that sound feasible)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Some of the later one's like EC325 onwards [HI]have solar regulators built in[/HI], all you need is a panel and a connecting lead... Depending on the version it will either charge the battery that you must select to charge or like on the EC500 it has smart charge and will do it automatically...

But only capable of handling a 100watt panel.

over 100watts needs a separate regulator connected directly to the battery/ies.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back