Vodaphone dongle 'internet explorer cannot display page' (1 Viewer)

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
After a while using Vodaphone dongle it was reluctant to display pages for some unknown reason, it would not refresh either, I thought it was my laptop, then that kept cutting out, traced eventually to overheating as the fan was playing up, now cured.

In the meanime I was using a note book and that kept doing the same thing on the dongle, rebooting cured it but thats time consuming and a pain.

Just discovered that if I just disconected from the dongle and reconnected, everything works fine again.

I am in a very good signal area so its not that, might be usefull to try if you get the same problem

Peter

Last edited:

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
After a while using Vodaphone dongle it was reluctant to display pages for some unknown reason, it would not refresh either, I thought it was my laptop, then that kept cutting out, traced eventually to overheating as the fan was playing up, now cured.

In the meanime I was using a note book and that kept doing the same thing on the dongle, rebooting cured it but thats time consuming and a pain.

Just discovered that if I just disconected from the dongle and reconnected, everything works fine again.

I am in a very good signal area so its not that, might be usefull to try if you get the same problem

Peter

We find the same thing happening or it will disconnect on its own. On 3G we do not have a problem but on GPRS it can be a right pain.

We find that if we just disconect and remove the dongle give it a couple of minutes and put the dongle back in, it fires up again with no problems. I now do not close down any pages as I can resume the session at the point I was at before the problem.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I think the same thing can happen with all providers in borderline signal areas. My T-Mobile SIM used to drop from 3G to GPRS at times. The "3" one sometimes does as well between page accesses but it automatically "picks itself up" when I click the mouse for another page.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back